+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Syncing meetings with associated contacts (DJO <- [WIFI] -> Outlook)...

Syncing meetings with associated contacts (DJO <- [WIFI] -> Outlook)...

Something I noticed when trying to figure out why contacts associated with a meeting weren't always synced was how Outlook 2010 has a field for "Contacts" on a meeting, but also "Invitees", and they seem related. Looks like one automatically reflects the other.

I had a question - how does DJO sync with meeting-related contacts? What aspect of the meeting does it get them from?

I was *hoping* there was a way to simply associate a contact with a meeting, but not make them an Invitee, but Outlook seems to not be able to do this. Is there a distinction on the DJO side of the equation? And does anyone know if this is possible in Outlook?

- Tim
    Sony XZ2 Compact - Android 8.0 (stock)
    DejaOffice v4.4.8, build 1072 - CompanionLink Professional 8, Build 8018
    Outlook 2010 - CL Sync : Outlook <-(WiFi)-> Android

Tim,

It's possible but not easy. I think you add it as an invitee, then cancel, and it will add without sending the invitation. Not too hard once you get the hang of it.

Quote Originally Posted by DJOCTO View Post
    Tim,

It's possible but not easy. I think you add it as an invitee, then cancel, and it will add without sending the invitation. Not too hard once you get the hang of it.
    Hey there...

Well, that's what I ended up doing way back when I initially created these meetings.
    But I'd like to have the concept of Associated Contacts that were not "Invitees" per see.
    Outlook is very email oriented - eg. you can't invite someone who, say, doesn't have an email address (from what I saw). Not sure if that's entirely true, but it seemed that way.

But that would be asking for a change in Outlook, perhaps. :-)

- Tim
    Sony XZ2 Compact - Android 8.0 (stock)
    DejaOffice v4.4.8, build 1072 - CompanionLink Professional 8, Build 8018
    Outlook 2010 - CL Sync : Outlook <-(WiFi)-> Android

+ Reply to Thread