Thread: Problems with Calendar and Alarms

Threaded View

Exclamation Problems with Calendar and Alarms

Hi everybody:
    I have now over several builds (Since 2011) with various setups experienced some issues with Calendar items and reminders as well as Contacts. Hopefully this can finally be addressed. I probably would go away from Deja office, but at the moment, there is no better solution...especially for Tasks and Memos:
    Alarms do not ring at all:
    I had it for some reason, that some alarms where not ringing at all. This seems to have gone away (for now), as I have cleaned out all calendar data and started fresh with a new Calendar data set. This was highly annoying as I use the Calender also as Alarm clock to get up in the morning. (This caused me to be late at work 3 times already...).
    It seems to have happened mostly on re-occurring events. One time events seemed to have not been affected by it.

Persistent setting not working:
    The persistent setting does not seem to work all the time. This feature is a must for me, since I do not always have the phone with me all the time.
    Since starting with a clean slate last weeks, this seem to be OK (for now), but I haven't had many reminders so far...

Events ringing in Google Calendar despite setting "Ring in Deja Office"
    This is only happening if there is a default reminder time in Google Calendar setup. For example: I have a default reminder of 40 minutes before event as Pop up set in the Google calendar on the web. This setting is carried over on any newly created event:
    I create an event in Deja office. Going to the synced Google calender now shows a reminder setting 40 minutes before the event, even so I have set the reminder time in Deja office for 0 minutes. This causes the event to also ring in Google Calendar despite the setting "Ring in Deja Office"!
    I can work around this by removing the default setting in Google, but I would like to keep the default reminder time in Google. If I have to remove it, I have to re-create the reminder setting every time I create an event on Google (and since this Calendar is shared with my wife, she tends to forget to set the reminder...I need this for family happiness ;-)

Alarm sounding 10 minutes early
    This was something weird this morning. I have set the Calendar event for 8:30 with a reminder 0 Minutes before event.
    The reminder however went off 10 minutes early.

Snooze time no respected
    I have default snooze time set to 10 minutes and persistent reminders set at 5 minutes.
    This morning when I pressed the snooze button, it still sounded after 5 minutes. The persistent sounds seems to have overridden the "Snooze" button which I did press.
    I wish for something like the old Palm had: The first Alarm sound could be set to be different to the subsequent ones. This is very useful: When in a meeting (and having forgotten to silence the phone) the first reminder can be a quiet one. The subsequent ones can be annoying as much as possible so I can hear them in noisy surrounds, phone in pocket or when not very close to the phone.

Contacts Birthday are not displayed
    I have entered Birthdays for most of my relatives. Most of the Birthdays have been gone in Deja Office.
    I have started fresh with the contacts in Google and Deja office (wiped all contacts) and imported the Contacts fresh via CSV into Google. They synced fine over to Deja office (as far as I can see), BUT: Birthdays are not there in Deja office! They are still in Google Contacts, even on the same phone, but have not carried over to the Deja office contacts...

Here some tech specifics which might be of interest:
    My phone: Samsung Galaxy Note 3
    Android version 4.4.2
    Deja office version: Build 651
    I am using Deja Office together with Companionlink.
    Companionlink currently syncs to Google directly and the phone syncs also via Google.
    On PC I am using Palm desktop Version (I believe) 4.1 (The one with the Palm database, not the MS Access database in the background)

Settings in Deja Office:
    Deja office alarms: Ring in Deja Office
    Notification style: Android 4.1
    Play Sound: Ticked
    Snooze time: 10:00
    Snooze notification: Prompt (What is the difference to "Automatic"???)
    Omit ring during meetings: Unticked
    Adjust for incorrect alarm times: Unticked (WHAT IS THIS?)
    Persistent: Ticked
    Interval: 5 minutes

Sync with Android Contacts App: Ticked
    Synch (<- This is spelled wrong in the settings page!) Deja Office contact categories to Android contact groups: Ticked
    Sync Notes: Ticked
    Synch (<- This is spelled wrong in the settings page!) selected Deja Office contact categories: All Categories

Sync with Android Calendar app: Ticked
    Sync all Calendar Categories

Thanks for looking at this (overly long) post and any responses.
    Last edited by marwerno; 01-07-2015 at 05:12 AM. Reason: Spelling checked :-( and clarifications added :-)