Thread: multiple mobile phone numbers don't sync

multiple mobile phone numbers don't sync

on my iphone, i have several contacts with multiple mobile numbers. only the first one syncs into DJO and thus, back into Palm Desktop. Also, if I have a Desktop entry with multiple mobile numbers, only one syncs into DJOP and thus into the native app.

How I duplicated it: open up the messaging app and add some phone numbers to existing contacts. open DJO and wait a second for the contacts sync to run. --or-- edit an existing contact on the PC and then sync it into DJO.

And while I was typing this up I noticed that same thing occurs with multiple fax entries.

--
    DJO 1.8.1
    CL for Palm 6.0.0.0.0.0 ~ Build 6038
    iPhone 5, iOS 7.1.2
    USB Sync to Windows 7
    Palm Desktop 4.2

Spiff, welcome to the forum.

It is true that the first Mobile number is set to sync. A second mobile number needs special coding to work.

I forwarded a note to the developer to see if we can support this.

thanks. this was driving me crazy.

i thought it was because i was editing my categories but while that can cause the sync process to get a little, umm, funky, i wiped and restarted and still had the problem. Multiple work & home sync fine; really, all numbers should be able to sync, regardless of type.

I talked with the developer on this. For now, just one Mobile number is supported in DejaOffice. If you have a second one, then assign a different label to it. Try Main, or just sent to Work.

thanks for following up with this, i appreciate it.

so, by "for now" you mean you intend to fix this, i hope? And the same with the fax numbers?

i did a quick look through my contacts list (1400-ish) and by "several", I mean "hundreds", so this is a big deal for me right now...

before i go experimenting and blow-up my phone database again, what other number types are limited to a single entry?

Spiff,

Our primary sync market is Outlook, so our fields in general match what Outlook supplies.

Outlook has no "multiple phone" fields. So they are all singles. However, they have Work, Work2 and Work3, so we map this to Work, Work, Work in Palm Desktop.