+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Change sounds / alerts for calendar events in iPhone (DJOI)

Change sounds / alerts for calendar events in iPhone (DJOI)

Hi,
    Please, please, please try to give me a solution for this! My calendar alert sounds are defaulted to the "TRI-TONE" sound - standard imessage tone and it is very intrusive, there MUST be a way to change this!!! I have seen posts back for several years saying this has been a "to be fixed on next update" and others who have expressed the desire to have some options......so DejaOffice - can you please give us an answer on how to fix / change this, or what your plans are to meet the requests of you customers???
    Thank you!!

Tanya - Thanks for the suggestion. I apologize if we had promised this before and not delivered.

We added a setting for changing the sound this morning, so it's in our internal version now. There are around 20 system sounds to choose from. It should be in our next App Store release (1.8.2), which I anticipate will be available in a couple of weeks or so.

You can also turn the sound off altogether (this feature is in the current release) under DejaOffice Settings -> Alarm Settings -> Play Sound, if that helps.

Hi Ben,

Thanks for a promising product.

The sounds still do not work. I installed Deja the calendar alert sounds for EVENTS are still defaulted to the "TRI-TONE" sound no matter what sound I choose. When I uninstalled and reinstalled from scratch, I got the "ANTICIPATED" tone on the first EVENT alarm ring but subsequent rings the snooze went back to "TRI-TONE" and every EVENT alarm and SNOOZE there after was the unselected "TRI-TONE".

All the TASK alarm and sounds were "TRI-TONE"...

Also can we get the full selection of tones?

Thanks

Hi Ben,

I don't know if this will shed any light on this but here's further info.

I had Dismissed all my EVENTs (their sound was the non selected sound "TRI-TONE". "ANTICIPATED" was the selected sound.) I then had 2 TASKs in SNOOZE they played the selected "ANTICIPATED". I then set a EVENT and its alarm went off while the TASKs were snoozing. The EVENT alarm was the non selected sound "TRI-TONE". AND the SNOOZED TASKs alarms change to "TRI-TONE". I dismissed the EVENT and the SNOOZED TASKs went back to the selected "ANTICIPATED".

AH HAH found it!! When DejaCal is not the focus (I was in Safari) or the iphone goes to the LOCK SCREEN the alert is the non selected sound "TRI-TONE" (the old default). When I keep the DejaCal I get the selected "ANTICIPATED".

Also can we get the full selection of tones?

Thanks

More info part 2

Event is set to recurring alarm. Phone is on lock screen. Alarm rings with "TriTone". Slide open screen. Alarm not Dismissed or Snoozed. Double click on Home key. Select app other than DejaCal or home screen. Alarm will not ring unless DejaCal is selected and the focus. I was able to make this happen repeatedly by double click home key and select other app or DejaCal.

f

flegal - Thanks for the info.

It looks like iOS won't let you (i.e. app developers) use a customized system sound while your app is in the background. So, this reflects what you alluded to earlier: if DejaOffice is open, we'll play whatever sound you have set for the alarm. If DejaOffice is not open, or does not have focus, then the system plays whatever its default alarm sound is.

The solution is to add our own custom audio files for alarms, rather than using the system ones (our own custom ones can be attached to the alarm, so that the system will use them regardless of whether or not DejaOffice is running).

To do this, of course, requires us to make/record our own set of sounds, so I imagine we'll add this in the build after next (1.8.6, I think -- 1.8.5 is already close to release).

Sorry for any inconvenience in the meantime. I hope this info helps.

Thanks Ben,

On the alarm and Lock screen. If the Event alarm is set to recurring and you ignore, snooze or change focus by double click on home; then you allow the iphone to go to the lock screen. The alarm will not ring. When you unlock the screen the alarm rings immediately with the alarm dialog showing.

Since you are making you own alarm mechanism... Could you make the persistent/nagging alarm more like 5mins or time selectable?
    SNOOZE the selectable default works but it would be nice to be able to select the time of the snooze. Ie you set a 2 hr before alarm (for prep for a job) then when reminded by alarm you then set SNOOZE for 15min before the orig alarm time and/or by clock time.

BTW I meant persistent/nagging not recurrence on my earlier post.

thanks,
    f

flegal - Hmmm, the alarms work for me on the lock screen, even if persistent or snoozed.

I notice that iOS has a setting for this; I'll bet it's just turned off on your device. Try the following:

1. Go to iOS Settings -> Notifications.
    2. Tap on DejaOffice in the list of apps.
    3. Check the "Show on Lock Screen" setting. If it's off, turn it on.

Does this resolve the issue?

+ Reply to Thread