+ Reply to Thread

Thread: A different Outlook profile is currently open than the one desired.

Hybrid View

A different Outlook profile is currently open than the one desired.

As noted elsewhere, I upgraded to the latest version of CompanionLink, build 6040.

After doing so, I now receive the following error: "A different Outlook profile is currently open than the one desired. Please close Outlook and try again." Outlook is closed (process terminated), and the PC was rebooted. What I believe to be wrong is CompanionLink's ability to work with my Outlook profile. Troubleshooting:

Rebooting the PC and phone
    Reinstalling the update
    Completely uninstalling and reinstalling CompanionLink, with reboots
    Running scanpst on my Outlook pst file
    Selecting a different profile, closing CompanionLink setup, relaunching setup and switching back to my original profile, with reboots
    Copying my Outlook profile and pointing CompanionLink to it

None of the above resolves it. I did notice that when I point CompanionLink to a different profile it will, under advanced setup, retrieve fields (for mapping), categories (for filtering), etc. from the other Outlook profile's pst. So it can read the data from Outlook, just not my profile's data. I obviously didn't want to try syncing it to the other user's profile however. Also, whatever problem exists with the profile remains after it is copied, so even if I wanted to create another profile, that won't fix it.

Thanks

Device: Samsung ATIV S Neo
    CompanionLink: 6.0.0.0.0 (Build 6040)
    DejaOffice: 1.1.6.60

Quote Originally Posted by tom2014 View Post
    I did notice that when I point CompanionLink to a different profile it will, under advanced setup, retrieve fields (for mapping), categories (for filtering), etc. from the other Outlook profile's pst. So it can read the data from Outlook, just not my profile's data.
    Update: CompanionLink is now able to open the data from the correct profile , e.g. the fields, categories, etc. referenced above. The change is that I disabled the CompanionLink add-on within Outlook. Honestly, I never even knew that add-on was there and have never used it. I initiate sync by pressing sync from the CompanionLink Setup app with Outlook closed. In trying to figure out why CompanionLink was saying Outlook was open when it wasn't, I tried checking add-ons and found the CompanionLink entry.

The sync does not work however; it fails while syncing. After 50 contacts, or if I disable contacts sync, after 50 calendar entries, I receive "Connection to DejaOffice was lost."
    Last edited by tom2014; 02-02-2015 at 08:53 AM.

+ Reply to Thread