Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Requests for future features

Requests for future features

I would love to see two new features in the next version:
    1) When a note is added to an event I would like to see an icon added to the event to remind me of the note.
    2) When editing recurring events I am missing the option I was used to with Palm and PI that asks you if you want to delete this event or events in future, making it possible to retain the record of past events on the calendar.

Both good calls; I second!

Do tasks in DejaTasks also have a start date apart from a due date? From what I have read task start dates cannot be synchronised with Outlook.

It would be great if the start date of tasks can be synced between Outlook and DejaTasks, apart from being able to create tasks in DejaTasks and be able to set the start date, or amedn the start date for existing tasks. The rationale behing start dates is that tasks with a future start date are not yet active and do not need to be acted upon. These future-dated tasks can be hidden from display through viewing options.

Anyone can confirm or otherwise if tasks in DejaTasks also have a start date? If not any chance for this in a soon-to-be release? When?

Agree.. I fully support the request ! (both actually !)

Another vote for Task Start Date sync!

Saving Notes on DejaNotes

Not sure why, but in DejaNotes you have to explicitly "Save" to keep the notes you are taking, if not a simple timeout will erase all the latest notes. If it can continuously save that would save a lot of notes from disappearing...

Wait - Start date and Due date for Tasks? Hmmm... What's next?A request for Gantt Charts?

Talking Requests for Future Updates

This is a request for a future update AND a question:

Is there a way to SEARCH while in calendar mode? I cannot seem to find a way.

So, that was the question.

The request is, if we are unable to search, I would love to be able to do so. This is a very important feature.

Many times I have to see what dates I previously met with people and could search for that info. Can't do that now.

If anyone knows of a way to do this let me know.

Quote Originally Posted by Nimgee View Post
    I would love to see two new features in the next version:
    1) When a note is added to an event I would like to see an icon added to the event to remind me of the note.
    2) When editing recurring events I am missing the option I was used to with Palm and PI that asks you if you want to delete this event or events in future, making it possible to retain the record of past events on the calendar.

I CAN search in Calendar, but, like Contacts, the results aren't complete. (Either that or I've only had a "Haircut" once in the last twelve years...)

How can you search in Calendar? You are talking about DJO calendar, not google, right?

I can't find a way to do it. Can you tell me the steps?

thanks