+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Build 699 search function not working

Hybrid View

Build 699 search function not working

The last build that has a working search engine for me is 696. Anything since will not search.

Galaxy S5
    Android 4.4.4
    Palm 6.2
    CompanionLink 6042

I have checked this out on my setup. On both devices I can search globally or in calendar or contacts.

This suggests the problem is either your particular setup or your database might have a minor corruption.

A suggestion to consider is to check your Palm database is up to date and backed up. Rename the Clusb folder to xclusb on your phone and sync your phone, DejaOffice should rebuild the database on your phone. This could rebuild the indexes and restore search function.

If this does not work, you can delete the new clusb folder, rename the xclusb folder back to clusb and you are back where you started.

You will need a file manager app on your phone to do this or connect your phone to your PC and use Windows Explorer to manage the files.

Cecil
    Cecil

Motorola Moto G5 Android 7.0
    DJO 4.3.6 (1005) Companionlink 7 (7046)
    ACT 16
    USB Sync
    Syncs to Android Contacts App only

Tesco Hudl2 (Android 5.1)
    DJO 4.3.6(1002)
    WiFiSync

I tried your suggestion and after having to reset EVERYTHING it still doesn't search globally or within contacts, calendar, tasks or today. I've seen this issue before and after a few updates and revisions it seems to go away. I keep the last working version for me in a dropbox file so if a new update is bad it is easy enough to go back. I do check the inhouse file for updates so my last version may not be the listed current one. I also use DejaCloud for sync.

I just checked the inhouse and build 700 is there. The issue seems to be resolved.

I cannot remember how to get to the most recent android DejaOffice and the in-house builds. I remember there is a link but I can't find it again.
    Using Outlook 2016 Pro on a desktop PC running Windows 10/64 bit Pro with a Moto X 2015 Pure with 6.0 Marshmellow. Laptop is a 8 GB Microsoft Surface Pro 4 running windows 10 Pro 64 bit

Hi Bmac

Latest full release builds and betas can be downloaded from:

http://www.dejaoffice.com/androidapp/

In-house versions can be downloaded from:

http://www.dejaoffice.com/androidapp/inhouse/

You just need to select the version on this page to suit your device, ie DejaOffice.apk is the Android version.

Cecil
    Last edited by Cecil; 02-14-2015 at 12:12 PM.
    Cecil

ACT 16
    USB Sync

DJO 4.3.6(1002)
    WiFiSync

Thanks Cecil!
    Using Outlook 2016 Pro on a desktop PC running Windows 10/64 bit Pro with a Moto X 2015 Pure with 6.0 Marshmellow. Laptop is a 8 GB Microsoft Surface Pro 4 running windows 10 Pro 64 bit

Thanks for this report. This has now been fixed.

http://www.dejaoffice.com/androidapp...DejaOffice.apk

How do I tell if the build I download is really the latest - build 701? I downloaded today - Feb 21 2015 at 11:44 AM and the release notes STILL say build 699!

Hi Bmac

Release notes are often out of date for both beta and in-house builds.

The only reliable way to check status is to go to "Settings", at the bottom of the list is "About DejaOffice", open this and you will see a Build Number. The latest in-house is 702.

I hope this helps.
    Cecil

ACT 16
    USB Sync

DJO 4.3.6(1002)
    WiFiSync

+ Reply to Thread