+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Problems returning on builds 699 and 700

Hybrid View

Problems returning on builds 699 and 700

Some previously resolved issues have returned on 699 and 700 builds.

Strikethrough of "Completed " events:

On both devices there are issues with the display of strikethrough on completed calendar events. On recurring events strikethrough displays correctly but if unchecked the completion box stikethrough does not come off the event listing.

If you complete an event with a single occurrence strikethrough does not work at all.

This was resolved in one of previous in-house builds but I am not sure which one.

Adding tasks from template:

On my Samsung S3 mini both builds crash if you try put in a subject in an existing template. However it does work okay with a newly created template.

On my Nexus 7 existing templates seem to work fine. This could simply be an issue with my older templates rather than DejaOffice.
    Cecil

Motorola Moto G5 Android 7.0
    DJO 4.3.6 (1005) Companionlink 7 (7046)
    ACT 16
    USB Sync
    Syncs to Android Contacts App only

Tesco Hudl2 (Android 5.1)
    DJO 4.3.6(1002)
    WiFiSync

Completed calendar events issue resolved in build 701.

Just one observation, if an event has been marked as completed in 699 or 700, you need to uncheck the completion box and re-check it for strikethrough to show up correctly.
    Cecil

ACT 16
    USB Sync

DJO 4.3.6(1002)
    WiFiSync

Build 701 does not appear to be available on the in-house build server. I downloaded the DejaOffice.apk file on February 20 at 9:40 AM Eastern standard Time and the release notes indicate that it is build 699.
    Using Outlook 2016 Pro on a desktop PC running Windows 10/64 bit Pro with a Moto X 2015 Pure with 6.0 Marshmellow. Laptop is a 8 GB Microsoft Surface Pro 4 running windows 10 Pro 64 bit

Quote Originally Posted by bmac View Post
    Build 701 does not appear to be available on the in-house build server. I downloaded the DejaOffice.apk file on February 20 at 9:40 AM Eastern standard Time and the release notes indicate that it is build 699.
    Check "About" under Settings. The release notes are not always reliable, especially for betas and in-house builds.
    Sadly, I can no longer use CL or DJO as I have replaced Outlook with Thunderbird and Pimlical Desktop. Pimlical, since moving to Java 8 is no longer compatible with Companion Link. I will lurk about just because I am interested. Please let me know if the Pimlical compatibility problem ever changes and thanks to all here for your support and help over the years. This is the best software for synching Outlook to Android.

After updating to build 700+ from 691 I'm experiencing unreliable alarms again Missed one and got several others twice at same time.

This wouldn't be so bad if rollback was easy, unfortunately db has changed a bit in 700 or up, breaking calendar display after rollback. Comes with updating to the newest build I suppose, oh well.. back to good old 691 we goooo
    -Frans

Samsung Galaxy s7, stock rom 8,0, not-rooted
    DJO 4.4.5 (1069) , CompanionLink 8018
    Outlook 2016 (32bit), sync via DejaCloud (native sync Contacts only)

It is worth exiting DejaOffice, re-starting your device. When you restart DejaOffice go into the Alarm Settings and re-select your default notification sound (even it is already selected). I have found that this sometimes resets something inside Android. In the past this has helped me in the past.

I am now on Build 702.
    Cecil

ACT 16
    USB Sync

DJO 4.3.6(1002)
    WiFiSync

Thanks for the tip, might try that in future. Currently I can't afford non-working alarms so further testing will have to wait.
    -Frans

Samsung Galaxy s7, stock rom 8,0, not-rooted
    DJO 4.4.5 (1069) , CompanionLink 8018
    Outlook 2016 (32bit), sync via DejaCloud (native sync Contacts only)

+ Reply to Thread