+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Dialing International Prefixes

Dialing International Prefixes

Any suggestions for an app that will dial prefixes while roaming internationally?

Thanks,

Geoff

Motorola Moto x, OS 4.4.4, DJO 3.1.3

Why would you need that?
    I have the phone numbers stored in international format and it is dialing in this format always. There is no need to change the dialing rules for your home net (non-roaming) or roaming when abroad.
    Google Pixel, Android 9.0 German, DJO 4.4.9 (1076)
    Office: Win10 x64, Outlook 365 (v2016, up to date) German, CL Express 7050 --- Local WiFi sync --- manual syncing, daily
    Home: Win10 x64, Outlook 365 (v2016, up to date) German, CL Express 7050 --- Local WiFi sync --- manual syncing, occasionally
    Syncing to native Android contacts (DJO account), not syncing to native Android calendar

For example, as the above message suggests, simply use the "+" in front of the country code which tells the phone to use the international access code for that country if you need to dial internationally. So, if I am in Germany and need to call the States, my phone entry would be +1-800-555-1212. You can also use the "," to tell the phone to wait for the connection to be made then continue with the tones to enter an extension, like +1-800-555-1212,1234.

You can store this format in your address book. So even if you are in the States and you want to dial locally, the "+1" has no effect.
    Using Outlook 2016 Pro on a desktop PC running Windows 10/64 bit Pro with a Moto X 2015 Pure with 6.0 Marshmellow. Laptop is a 8 GB Microsoft Surface Pro 4 running windows 10 Pro 64 bit

Thanks! I was unaware that the country code would be ignored. Geoff

So, the country code was being stripped out in the sync between MS Outlook and DejaOffice. I assume that I should go into CL>Settings>Advanced>Phone Format and check "Sync all country codes"; then also under CL>Settings>Settings check "Wipe Contacts on Android before sync" (this step only needs to be conducted once). Correct?

Thanks,

Geoff

Geoff, that sounds correct. Please contact support@dejaoffice.com.

The phone settings are very powerful. However, using them is vastly different if you have a US Carrier or a European style carrier. It is because the phones handle the default country code differently.

The default is for US phones. The support team can help you with the right setting for your carrier and country code. support@dejaoffice.com

That's how it works perfectly for me (tested while in many European countries and in US, with European numbers and US numbers):

Format in Outlook: +cc are num num num (where cc is the country code, are is the area code and num is the phone number)
    In CL Phone Format: I unchecked everything except for Sync all country codes
    Google Pixel, Android 9.0 German, DJO 4.4.9 (1076)
    Office: Win10 x64, Outlook 365 (v2016, up to date) German, CL Express 7050 --- Local WiFi sync --- manual syncing, daily
    Home: Win10 x64, Outlook 365 (v2016, up to date) German, CL Express 7050 --- Local WiFi sync --- manual syncing, occasionally
    Syncing to native Android contacts (DJO account), not syncing to native Android calendar

Thanks! Geoff

+ Reply to Thread