+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Calendar: Meeting Location

Question Calendar: Meeting Location

I am on build 651 according to my app which is the most current according to Google Play Store. If I add a meeting to my calendar on my phone I can't add a location unless I have an address. In other words I can't just put Jane's house, or my office. If I add the meeting in Outlook and sync it is fine. Why do I have to use a street address for a location in the app?

Pat

Please open DejaOffice, Settings, General Settings and set the option Location Picker to Manual and try again.
    Google Pixel, Android 9.0 German, DJO 4.4.9 (1076)
    Office: Win10 x64, Outlook 365 (v2016, up to date) German, CL Express 7050 --- Local WiFi sync --- manual syncing, daily
    Home: Win10 x64, Outlook 365 (v2016, up to date) German, CL Express 7050 --- Local WiFi sync --- manual syncing, occasionally
    Syncing to native Android contacts (DJO account), not syncing to native Android calendar

+1 to Mclions answer.

This setting is not obvious to users.

Perhaps the developers should consider putting this setting in the setup wizard as it makes such a difference to users. Developers often think everyone lives and works in areas where good internet connections exist. I only get good data service on wifi when I am at home. I only have limited data contract for my phone so only use mobile data when I really need it.

Perhaps the default could be changed to manual.
    Cecil

Motorola Moto G5 Android 7.0
    DJO 4.3.6 (1005) Companionlink 7 (7046)
    ACT 16
    USB Sync
    Syncs to Android Contacts App only

Tesco Hudl2 (Android 5.1)
    DJO 4.3.6(1002)
    WiFiSync
    Syncs to Android Contacts App only

Quote Originally Posted by patski107 View Post
    I am on build 651 according to my app which is the most current according to Google Play Store. If I add a meeting to my calendar on my phone I can't add a location unless I have an address. In other words I can't just put Jane's house, or my office. If I add the meeting in Outlook and sync it is fine. Why do I have to use a street address for a location in the app?

Pat
    If you tap "Enter Location" in the event edit screen for new events, you will be able to enter the custom location line by line, ie Street, City, State, etc.

I recommend just entering "Jane's House" or "My Office" into the street address field from there and it will simply save whatever you enter into that field without google attempting to find an entire address.

Quote Originally Posted by McLion View Post
    Please open DejaOffice, Settings, General Settings and set the option Location Picker to Manual and try again.
    Thank you!!! That worked. I looked for the answer in documentation and couldn't find it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sean View Post
    If you tap "Enter Location" in the event edit screen for new events, you will be able to enter the custom location line by line, ie Street, City, State, etc.

I recommend just entering "Jane's House" or "My Office" into the street address field from there and it will simply save whatever you enter into that field without google attempting to find an entire address.
    Thanks, I didn't realize Enter Location was tapable. I thought it was just telling me it was the screen to add the location.

+ Reply to Thread