Thread: DejaContacts Category Selection

DejaContacts Category Selection

Hello. I just updated to DejaOffice 3.2.6 (714) on my Motorola Droid MAXX and am having some trouble with the selection of Categories. First, in order to change from one displayed category to another, I must first uncheck the old category and then check the new category. This, coupled with the fact that the select/unselect all and OK buttons at the bottom of the list which both take up a bunch of space that could be used to display more categories on a page, is an extremely cumbersome way to change from one category to another. Please either go back to the older and sleeker category selection method or at least give us the option to select the new or the old interface in the settings. My single most-used feature in DejaContacts has been ruined here...a few years back I changed how I categorized all of my Outlook contacts just so that I could use your old way to select categories very quickly and easily with the old interface.

Then, after I have gone through the cumbersome category selection method, DejaContacts does not refresh the display to the new category. The new category name and color shows at the top of the list, but all of the contacts are from the old category. I must exit and re-enter DejaContacts in order to see the contacts that belong to the new category that I need displayed.

So, I would ask that you please fix the category selection process in DejaContacts.

dialupisbad, welcome to the forums.

I see two problems reported here. The second one first:

* When you choose from one to another category, the list does not refresh.

This certainly does on the phones we've tested. What Phone OS do you have?

For the other issue, I think it sounds like it would suit you to have more selections available on the screen. I.e. a font size issue, more than anything else. We are very focused on screen taps (and slides) here. So it sounds like you moved from a system that took 3-4 taps with the old system, to 6-7 taps with the new system. If we put more items on the list, would this save a tap?

I am also having problems with the Category section of DejaOffice. I'm using a Samsung Stratosphere 2 mobile phone on Verizon network with DejaOffice build 3.2.6. After this last update the category feature now requires a "selection" prior to viewing the contacts listed under the category. (troublesome)

The problem is.....

1) "button" selections toward the bottom are blank. The titles only appeared once, fortunately i remembered the selections.
    2) once a category is selected it doesn't refresh the page to show the selected category contacts.

FYI.... this new procedure completely sucks. The initial one was perfect. Anyway, i am hoping a fix is right around the corner, and yes i've rebooted the phone.

I also notice that my DejaOffice calendar alarms don't seem to go off at the proper times. But I'll check the forum to see if there has been a fix addressed.
    Last edited by Rawhide; 03-23-2015 at 05:29 PM.

Rawhide, welcome to the forums.

We'll check into the Stratosphere 2 phone. You might also want to email tech support at support@dejaoffice.com or call CompanionLink for quicker help on this.

Thanks for the reply, DJOCTO. I am running on Android 4.4.4 on my Verizon Motorola Droid MAXX phone. As to the second problem, you have completely missed the problem. The font size is not an issue, what is an issue is the fact that I have to select one category and unselect another one instead of just tapping the category to make it happen. The buttons at the bottom of the list taking up space are just a further annoyance to that problem. I agree with Rawhide...the new category selection is terrible.

Buttons on "Category" screen.

On my Samsung S3 mini phone, the buttons on the Category Screen in Contacts are black and you cannot read the text. If you press the buttons you are able to briefly read the text. On my Nexus 7 the buttons are white and you can read the text.

On my build (716) Category selection seems to work quite well for me.
    Cecil

Motorola Moto G5 Android 8.1.0
    DJO 4.4.11 (1091) Companionlink 7 (7046)
    ACT 16
    USB Sync
    Syncs to Android Contacts App only

Lenovo Tab 4 8
    DJO 4.4.11(1091)
    WiFiSync
    Syncs to Android Contacts App only