Thread: DejaToday task-sort vs DejaTask

DejaToday task-sort vs DejaTask

DejaToday sort my tasks nicely on due-date, within that on priority and within that on subject.

I can't get DejaTask to do that. I does group-by Due Date and then sort on subject but I can't get priority in that sort. It's either sort on 'subject' OR on 'priority'.

Can we get a sort on 'priority+subject' option in DejaTask ? (or any other way to get the same sorting order as in DejaToday)
    -Frans

Samsung Galaxy s7, stock rom 8,0, not-rooted
    DJO 4.4.12 (1099) , CompanionLink 8022
    Outlook 2016 (32bit), sync via DejaCloud (native sync Contacts only)

We'll look into this.

Quote Originally Posted by DJOCTO View Post
    We'll look into this.
    I could have sworn I saw DejaTask do sort on date+priority in one of the beta/in-house versions... but it's not in the 3.2.10 (742) update I have currently?
    I did check one older beta (739) which doesn't have it either so I might be remembering it wrong. Is DejaTask supposed to sort on date+priority currently or will it soon ?
    -Frans

I think sort by due date uses Priority as a secondary sort.

I think sort by due date uses Priority as a secondary sort.
    It does for DejaToday but NOT for DejaTask. If you group by Due Date and then Sort by Subject you get sort order;

DejaToday: Due Date L->H , Priority H->L, Subject H->L
    DejaTask: Due Date L->H , Subject H->L

If you set Sort to Priority in DejaTask you get: Due Date L-> H , Priority L->H , the prio sort direction is weird there.

Either way, could you make 'Sort by Subject' in DejaTask do a sort for Priority H->L first and then a (3rd) sort on Subject ?
    -Frans

We'll check it out...

Here's the response from developer.

I think this one is working as intended. I think the customer may just have the Sort Order set incorrectly in DejaTasks (change to Ascending instead of Descending).

When sorting by Due Date, we already sort by Due Date (Earliest to Latest), Priority (High to Low), and then Subject (A to Z). In DejaTasks, there is a way to change the ASC/DESC order, which if changed to DESC, will affect the first field (Due Date would change to Latest to Earliest), other sort orders would remain unchanged. DejaToday does not have the sort order (ASC/DESC) option, always does ASC.

The customer mentions Group By Due Date for tasks. This will group by in ASC order for the Due Date field. Then they say they are sorting by Subject, which should be A to Z. This is A to Z for me, but the user says it is Z to A. So they may just have to change their Sort Order option in DejaTasks, which may be set to DESC at the moment. In this sort order, the secondary sort field will be Priority, which will behave similarly to what I described above.

The customer mentions Group By Due Date for tasks. This will group by in ASC order for the Due Date field. Then they say they are sorting by Subject, which should be A to Z. This is A to Z for me, but the user says it is Z to A. So they may just have to change their Sort Order option in DejaTasks, which may be set to DESC at the moment. In this sort order, the secondary sort field will be Priority, which will behave similarly to what I described above.
    Erm.. no I didn't say that.
    DejaTask
    Group by Due Date works fine, groups by date ASCending
    Sort by Subject works fine to, it sorts nicely by subject ASCending (a->>-Z) as well

DejaTask sort order is already set to Ascending. I'm not sure what you mean by "secondary sort field will be Priority" does that mean it sorts *first* by Subject and *then* by priority? That's not what I want (but if that works as intended it at least solves the confusion;-). I want sort by priority first and then by subject (group-by date, so sorting would be; Date ASC, Priority DESC, Subject ASC).

However, in DejaTask (3.2.11 build 744) display priority is simply ignored, see (can mail you fullsize screenshot if you want);
    Screenshot_2015-06-05-17-59-47-small.jpg
    Last edited by fpostma; 06-05-2015 at 10:18 AM.
    -Frans