Thread: Build 720 Sync Problem

Build 720 Sync Problem

I reboot my phone. I make changes in Outlook Tasks. CL syncs to CRM. The changes are not synced to DJOA on my phone. I have to do a manual sync for the changes to appear. Sync works fine after that. Sounds like something is not starting up on the phone when I reboot it. Bug or some settings have changed?
    PC: Windows 7, 64 bit
    CompanionLink build #: Companionlink 7 for Outlook, Build 8019.7
    Data Manager App: Outlook 2010 64-bit
    Mobile Device: Samsung Galaxy Note 8 (SM-N950F);
    DejaOffice version#: 4_4_7_1069
    Sync Method with CompanionLink: DejaCloud
    DejaOffice Sync Settings for Contacts: Selected, sync with Android, Account = DejaOffice.
    DejaOffice Sync Settings for Calendar: Not selected.
    Native Contacts Account: DejaOffice

Angry

I am also having this issue with the DJCloud using build 720. I submitted a bug report. Then I noticed an update to CL for Outlook dated 3/31. I d/l'd it but that did not fix the problem - no sync!

Then I backed up to build 719 on my Android device (Moto X 2014). Still no sync. Makes me believe that the DJCloud may be down. I hope someone is monitoring this board during Easter weekend. Would hate to be without sync capability until next Monday!
    Using Outlook 2016 Pro on a desktop PC running Windows 10/64 bit Pro with a Moto X 2015 Pure with 6.0 Marshmellow. Laptop is a 8 GB Microsoft Surface Pro 4 running windows 10 Pro 64 bit

I worked with CompanionLink support on Saturday, April 4, concerning this issue. We found that using build 719 tasks created or changed within Outlook 2013 would sync successfully with Deja cloud and then with DejaOffice android. Tasks created or changed within DejaOffice would not sync with the cloud. Support requested logs from DejaOffice and from CompanionLink on the desktop.

Today, Sunday, April 5, I was again attempting to determine what would cause this issue. I was reviewing DejaOffice settings, basically Deja tasks, sync settings and log settings, and in log settings I pressed the down arrow for log android database not knowing what this was. Whatever the function is it took quite a while. Then I received notification that DejaOffice was doing a native sync. I had never seen that before.

After that finished, I decided to test the synchronization of tasks once again and created a new task on DejaOffice and synchronized. Viewing Deja cloud I noticed that the task has synchronized to the cloud. Tested again with a calendar entry and that also synchronize successfully to the cloud. So whatever seemed to be wrong with build 719 has mysteriously fixed itself.
    Using Outlook 2016 Pro on a desktop PC running Windows 10/64 bit Pro with a Moto X 2015 Pure with 6.0 Marshmellow. Laptop is a 8 GB Microsoft Surface Pro 4 running windows 10 Pro 64 bit

Quote Originally Posted by Eagle 3 View Post
    I reboot my phone. I make changes in Outlook Tasks. CL syncs to CRM. The changes are not synced to DJOA on my phone. I have to do a manual sync for the changes to appear. Sync works fine after that. Sounds like something is not starting up on the phone when I reboot it. Bug or some settings have changed?
    I installed 722 beta and this problem is not fixed.
    DejaOffice Sync Settings for Contacts: Selected, sync with Android, Account = DejaOffice.

Quote Originally Posted by Eagle 3 View Post
    Hello Eagle 3,

I am assuming you are using an auto sync on the DejaOffice side. If you go to settings>sync settings>DejaCloud Settings, what is your auto sync setting (drop down directly below the password field)? Additionally, I would like to confirm that I am correctly performing the steps you are taking to reproduce this issue.

1. Reboot the Android device
    2. Create/change task records in Outlook
    3. Sync to DejaCloud

The issue then is that after syncing Outlook to DejaCloud, that only a manual sync works initially, then subsequent auto syncs work properly. Is this correct?

Quote Originally Posted by Chris L View Post
    Hello Eagle 3,

I am assuming you are using an auto sync on the DejaOffice side. If you go to settings>sync settings>DejaCloud Settings, what is your auto sync setting (drop down directly below the password field)? Additionally, I would like to confirm that I am correctly performing the steps you are taking to reproduce this issue.

1. Reboot the Android device
    2. Create/change task records in Outlook
    3. Sync to DejaCloud

The issue then is that after syncing Outlook to DejaCloud, that only a manual sync works initially, then subsequent auto syncs work properly. Is this correct?
    I have Push Sync set. The procedure that you outlined is correct.

Hi Eagle3,

Please see the private message I have sent you. It contains details on how to get the ball rolling toward a solution.

Our developers have reviewed your case and have a solution. A fix has been added to the latest in house build of DejaOffice which corrects this. Please install this version using the instructions below. If anyone else is seeing this issue, please use this version as well.

Visit the link below from your Android device's web browser (do not use Chrome for Android)

http://www.dejaoffice.com/androidapp...DejaOffice.apk

Launch DejaOffice.apk from your Android browser's download folder. This will start the DejaOffice self-installer.

NOTE:
    If your Android phone displays an "Install blocked" message, do the following:
    1) Tap "Settings".
    2) Check the box for "Unknown sources".
    3) Tap "OK", then restart the installation.

The in house build 727 fixed the problem.