+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Going back to current date in Dejacal

Going back to current date in Dejacal

Thanks for the recent update and for solving the problems I have earlier reported.

I have one more: In DejaCal when moving away from the current date by, say, scrolling to another month it would be nice to have a quick way of getting back to "Today", i.e. the current date. Right now you have (I think) to scroll all the way back again. The view selected should be maintained (i.e. day, week, month, year).

erild, how about 2 screen taps.

1. Tap on the "..." icon in the top right corner (vertical dots). This will display the options menu.

2. Tap on Today.

It's always a problem with phones for screen real estate. So we've put a lot of options into the options menu.

Well thanks, but the challenge is: I do not see any three dots in the top right corner. In DejaCal I have a top line with the following items/icons (left to right): Home, Month and Year, Search and New (+).

In the bottom line I have the following icons: Show selected day, show selected week (column format), show selected week (table format), show selected month, show selected year, show in list view.

Oh, duh. I'm sorry. I gave the answer for Android.

I'll check for DejaOffice iPhone. Probably make sure we have the same feature. It will be in the next release.

Thanks. Looking forward to it.

From my team:

From the day/week/month view, tap the date header in the title bar to open the date picker, then tap "Today" in the upper right hand corner.

Still two taps... (Just not very obvious)

That Works. And two taps are still ok. I had not figured out that the month and year in the title bar worked as an entry to the date picker. This is at the same time a convenient way to pick a specific year and month rather than scrolling thru all intermediate months. I might have been there without really noticing its value and certainly not the Today option.

Just one more thought: In the other Deja applications the middle text in the title bar (typically just the name of the application) also works as a picker for some additional action (Settings for most). This is indicated by a down-arrow next to the title. Maybe you should in the same way (by a down-arrow next to the month-year) indicate that some additional "action" may be reached by clicking the month-year (or the arrow).

That's a good idea. I'll share with the developer.

+ Reply to Thread