Thread: Location setting in Calendar sticks on last used view type (Maps vs Earth)

Location setting in Calendar sticks on last used view type (Maps vs Earth)

I entered an appointment and a location. I changed it to use Google Earth just to see what it would look like, and saved it.

I then went back, changed it to Google Maps, and it stuck on Google Earth. I had to find another address using Google maps with it, then switch back to the original address, for it to show it with Google Maps instead of Earth.

This *may* or may not have something to do with the fact that I added to the address after it had found it originally (original was 123 1st Street, changed to 123 1st Street, Suite 100, for example). I noticed that adding the "Suite 100" to it made it unable to find the address at all. Regular Google maps has no problem with internal addresses like that, but it seems to stop the location picker from working.

Also, I found no way to CLEAR an address, once the location picker had picked it. I changed to Manual mode, cleared the address field, saved, and the address field stuck at what the picker had picked before anyway.

The above is frustrating, having to play tricks with the location picker to get it to do what I want.

- Tim
    Last edited by tbessie; 04-28-2015 at 02:37 PM.
    Sony XZ2 Compact - Android 8.0 (stock)
    DejaOffice v4.4.8, build 1072 - CompanionLink Professional 8, Build 8018
    Outlook 2010 - CL Sync : Outlook <-(WiFi)-> Android

This has been sent to development.

Thanks, CTO - hope they get it working better!

- Tim

Tim, Development could not reproduce. Here is their note:

> I could not reproduce this issue. I did add an option to the latest inhouse DJOA where if you long press on the location box on the location picker dialog, it will give you the option to clear the field more easily.

Inhouse build: http://www.dejaoffice.com/androidapp...DejaOffice.apk

Quote Originally Posted by DJOCTO View Post
    Tim, Development could not reproduce. Here is their note:

> I could not reproduce this issue. I did add an option to the latest inhouse DJOA where if you long press on the location box on the location picker dialog, it will give you the option to clear the field more easily.

Inhouse build: http://www.dejaoffice.com/androidapp...DejaOffice.apk
    Were they not able to reproduce any of the above, then?

I will check to see if I can reproduce it with distinct steps to do so, and video it and send it to you.

- Tim

I have found that if Location Picker is set to "automatic", after setting and address, it can't be deleted.