+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Can't Use Android Voice Recognition in DejaOffice

Can't Use Android Voice Recognition in DejaOffice

I've just noticed that I cannot use the Android Voice Recognition to enter data. Example, create an entry in the journal by selecting the microphone icon from the keyboard then dictating my entry.

When I select the microphone icon from the keyboard, I do get the Google VR screen but with a message that states "Can't open microphone".

I've searched the forum for a similar problem and don't see any.

Anyone experienced this? Does DO not support the built-in Google VR function?

Thanks,
    Deja Office 4.2.3 (947) on AT&T LG G4 running Android 6.0
    CompanionLink 7030 on Dell Studio 1537 64-bit running Windows 10 PRO 64-bit.
    Syncing to MS Outlook 2016/365 via DejaCloud using DejaOffice Account to sync to native contacts but not syncing to native Android calendar.

I don't see any issues with this. I use the microphone almost exclusively now.

I searched google for "Google VR Can't open microphone" and see that people suggest rebooting the phone.

Does Google VR work for other screens on your phone?

Found a Solution or at Least a Workaround

Thanks for the idea, DJOCTO,

I did reboot the phone. No change, still get the error.

I verified I get this error in all DJO modules.

I verified I do NOT get this error in other applications.

See attached screen shot.

However, I disabled DejaVoice Voice Commands from Google Now and Voice Commands When DejaOffice is open and NOW I am able to use Google VR to dictate notes etc.

Apparently these are mutually exclusive. Is that the design?

Thanks,
    Neil
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Deja Office 4.2.3 (947) on AT&T LG G4 running Android 6.0
    CompanionLink 7030 on Dell Studio 1537 64-bit running Windows 10 PRO 64-bit.
    Syncing to MS Outlook 2016/365 via DejaCloud using DejaOffice Account to sync to native contacts but not syncing to native Android calendar.

Thanks for your posting and your solution stone0149. I had the same problem and your solution worked for me.

From the developer:

> The device can only have one app listening to the microphone at a time. If DJO is listening, other apps cannot. When DJO is not open, it should stop listening, so other apps can use the microphone.

> I d id make a change recently (latest inhouse DJOA would have it) so the edit screens in DJOA will no longer listen. Since people use the microphone button on the keyboard, DJO listening would prevent the microphone button from working.

+ Reply to Thread