+ Reply to Thread

Thread: How long should a direct USB sync take to complete?

Question How long should a direct USB sync take to complete?

I been noticing recently that the sync process between my PC's Outlook and my Galaxy S5 seems to be taking a long time. It is certainly longer than the sync with my old Razr Maxx.

There seems to be a long period after tapping the SYNC button when the message on the Galaxy is "Syncing with PC" before the progress window opens up and the green progress bar starts moving.

Is there some reason why the process must read both the Android calendar and then read the entire Outlook calendar?

Its not a problem, I'm just wondering if the process is going as it should.

Thank you
    Mobile Device and OS: Samsung GALAXY S9+ SM-G965U for Verizon [03/18/16] Android version 8 (Oreo)
    DejaOffice version# 4.4.9 (1076)
    CompanionLink for Outlook 8 (build 8004) downloaded & installed 10/31/2017 on WINDOWS 10 Pro
    Data Manager App Outlook (Office 365)
    Sync Method with CompanionLink: ADB Mode
    DejaOffice Sync Settings for Contacts and Calendar. - Contact account: "Phone" Calendar account: rlevine.droid@gmail

Phase I of the sync is scanning the native database to see if there are any changes. Unfortunately the native lacks the right SQL fields, so it needs to be scanned record by record.

Might there be any case where your native databases have grown for some reason? What's most significant is that in the native, if there re duplicates, they are combined and not easily seen. But it's worth a check.

Our tech support can also help. If you do the following we can get some counts:

1. Go to DejaOffice, Settings, Logging and Support
    2. Check the box to turn on logging.
    3. Go to main menu, and run a sync
    4. After the sync, go to Settings, Logging and Support, and select "Email Log"

Send to support@dejaoffice.com. We'll see exactly what it is doing. Please include "forum RJLOMMD" so we know what the log is about.

Thank you. I did as you suggested and sent a log earlier tod
    Mobile Device and OS: Samsung GALAXY S9+ SM-G965U for Verizon [03/18/16] Android version 8 (Oreo)
    CompanionLink for Outlook 8 (build 8004) downloaded & installed 10/31/2017 on WINDOWS 10 Pro
    DejaOffice Sync Settings for Contacts and Calendar. - Contact account: "Phone" Calendar account: rlevine.droid@gmail

They are looking at it...

Thanks for getting the log to us:

here's what we found.

19:47:37 – Start of USB sync on device
    19:47:42 – Start of Waiting on PC side phase
    19:53:56 – PC side finishes, device side does its last bit and sync ends

So for you, is the slow part the 5 seconds from the start of sync to waiting for PC? It was my impression that this was the part that you want us to look at.

What do you think about the 6 minutes on the PC Side? To look at that we need a PC log.

FYI - We divide USB Sync into three phases:
    Phase 1: Gathering changes from native
    Phase 2: PC Sync
    Phase 3: Pushing any changes back to native

Well, it certainly was a surprise

The Sync I did that was contained in the log I sent you was the fastest I've had in several weeks now. The window saying "Opening Android..." came up almost immediately. If all my syncs went this rapidly, I would have had no reason to post.

I got the email requesting the Companion Link sync as well. I will do that tomorrow morning. Can I send a new DJO log along with the CL log? Wouldn't that give the best data?

And thanks for your assistance and prompt support. I really do appreciate it. Its the other reason why I've been with you since 2012!
    Last edited by RJLOMMD; 05-14-2015 at 07:38 PM.

Yes, please send us a log when it is slow. It will tell us what is taking so long.

+ Reply to Thread