+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Syncing: OL <-> DJO <-> Google

Question Syncing: OL <-> DJO <-> Google

Hi

Has somebody tested a setup that syncs from Outlook to DJO (with CL), using the google account instead of the the DJO account on the phone, and have the google account synced to the google cloud?
    Does that work as supposed? Sometime ago, it was said that this is generating duplicates or missing contacts.
    In addition, I'd like to also sync the phone to a 2nd Outlook.
    Devices involved to show same content:
    - Office Desktop Outlook (Master)
    - Android phone
    - Home Desktop Outlook
    - Asus Tablet

Thanks
    McL
    Google Pixel, Android 9.0 German, DJO 4.4.9 (1076)
    Office: Win10 x64, Outlook 365 (v2016, up to date) German, CL Express 7050 --- Local WiFi sync --- manual syncing, daily
    Home: Win10 x64, Outlook 365 (v2016, up to date) German, CL Express 7050 --- Local WiFi sync --- manual syncing, occasionally
    Syncing to native Android contacts (DJO account), not syncing to native Android calendar

McL, I run my phone this way.

However, if you want Google, what I recommend is OL -> DejaCloud; DejaCloud-> Android, and DejaCloud Connector to Google. This is a cleaner "hub and spoke" system where DejaCloud is the center.

http://www.companionlink.com/support...CRM_Connectors

That would need me to subscribe to DejaCloud .. and I have an (inherent) aversion to subscription as well as cloud stuff
    Also, this would not work with my Office 2007 at the office and at home.

I found in the account setup on Android that Deja is listed next to the Google and the WhatsApp account.
    It has the option of activating Contacts and Calendar sync. What is the meaning of this? Where does it sync to if activated?
    Office: Win10 x64, Outlook 365 (v2016, up to date) German, CL Express 7050 --- Local WiFi sync --- manual syncing, daily
    Home: Win10 x64, Outlook 365 (v2016, up to date) German, CL Express 7050 --- Local WiFi sync --- manual syncing, occasionally
    Syncing to native Android contacts (DJO account), not syncing to native Android calendar

In order to store items in an on-phone folder, we need to register DejaOffice as a sync app.

There is no effect to turning it on or off. It's simply a notation in the Android OS that we are a valid Account to which Contact and Calendars can be attached.

Thanks for the explanation.

+ Reply to Thread