Thread: Syncing Two devices to Outlook

Syncing Two devices to Outlook

Is it correct that I need to purchase the Express version to sync both an Android phone and tablet to Outlook? Can they both auto-synchronize over Wifi?
    Thanks.

You are correct, if you have Companionlink Express you can sync to two devices.

You might be better for you to have one device on manual sync rather than auto. I have always had one device on USB sync and one on Wi-Fi so cannot give a definitive answer on having both on WiFi and Auto sync. My feeling is that there is the potential for clashes between the devices syncing if both are on Auto.
    Cecil

Motorola Moto G5 Android 8.1.0
    DJO 4.4.11 (1091) Companionlink 7 (7046)
    ACT 16
    USB Sync
    Syncs to Android Contacts App only

Lenovo Tab 4 8
    DJO 4.4.11(1091)
    WiFiSync
    Syncs to Android Contacts App only

zpikii welcome to the forums.

Cecil is correct in that two devices are better handled with two profiles. CompanionLink Express is the best product for two profiles. If you wish to use Wi-Fi sync, that is best.

Cecil, we have I think resolved all problems with Wi-Fi in two profiles so it should work seamlessly. The past issues were when a device comes in range, CompanionLink needs to wake up and sync it. At times, CompanionLink did not see the device that was not the last one selected. This has been fixed so CompanionLink scans for all active devices to see if it needs to initiate a sync.

We do have an exception for two devices. In CompanionLink for Outlook, you can sync two USB devices, and this is considered a single profile. So the lower priced product will work with USB.

Also, if you wish to use DejaCloud, you may have any number of devices sync to DejaCloud. From the PC, you are synchronizing PC to Cloud so that is considered one device and CompanionLink for Outlook will work there.

For Wi-Fi, two devices requires two profiles; one for each device.