+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Attachments getting deleted after direct usb sync to Outlook 2013

Attachments getting deleted after direct usb sync to Outlook 2013

Hi there,

I created a ticket last night about attachments to Deja Memos & Calender items getting deleted after direct usb sync to Outlook 2013. What I realized after I sent in the ticket request is that the "attachment" folder in my Gallery is now gone. Somehow, during sync, the entire folder with the photos is now deleted.

A little background, I am using a Samsung Galaxy S5 with all updates current as well as the most current official DJ version. My photos are being saved to my SD card.

Please advise if I am doing something wrong or provide a fix if possible. Thanks.

JJ

I'm sorry that is missing.

On my phone the Gallery is a construct of a lot of folders.

1. Go into the Gallery App
    2. Tap upper left for Sort Order, make sure order is "Album" by which they mean folder
    3. This should show a list of folder names. The name is the lowest level directory name, of all directories which contains pictures

I'm assuming here the you don't see "attachment" folder, by which I think you mean "attachments". The folder with the "s" is created by DejaOffice for storing PC Attachments.

You state "the entire folder with the photos is now deleted". By the photos, do you mean any photos which were taken on the phone, which should be in folders other than "attachments", or photos that were previously moved from the PC by DejaOffice ?

Definitely working with tech support is good. I'll go look at the ticket and talk to the tech.

Hi there,

Thanks. Yes, the folder that DJO creates called attachments is deleted along with all the photos in that folder during the sync process via USB direct. Then if I add another photo as an attachment the folder called attachments is recreated. Please advise.

JJ

This sounds strange. I wonder whether the folder is actually deleted, or whether the tool you use just doesn't show it if it is empty (i.e. contents are missing). I think the latter is more likely since sync never deletes folders.

I checked with the developer and we don't know of a process which deletes the photos.

Might you, by chance, be using MTP Sync? This may be a by-product of the MTP driver on your PC.

+ Reply to Thread