Thread: DejaCloud Push Not Working

DejaCloud Push Not Working

This just started happening today. I make a change to a task in Outlook, it syncs to the cloud, but it does not sync to my phone. I have to do a manual sync on the phone for the change to show up. Is there a problem on the cloud side or is it my phone?
    PC: Windows 7, 64 bit
    CompanionLink build #: Companionlink 7 for Outlook, Build 8019.7
    Data Manager App: Outlook 2010 64-bit
    Mobile Device: Samsung Galaxy Note 8 (SM-N950F);
    DejaOffice version#: 4_4_7_1069
    Sync Method with CompanionLink: DejaCloud
    DejaOffice Sync Settings for Contacts: Selected, sync with Android, Account = DejaOffice.
    DejaOffice Sync Settings for Calendar: Not selected.
    Native Contacts Account: DejaOffice

One thing I'm not sure about is whether Dejacloud is proactive -- in that, when a change occurs within the cloud that the cloud will proactively notify the smart phone such that a synchronization can occur. I believe that is not possible. However, when a change occurs in the smart phone, I'm sure your settings are set to "push sync" such that a synchronization to the cloud will automatically occur. At that point, any changes in the cloud not previously synced to the smart phone will be handled.

It would be interesting for Cecil or CTO to comment on this if the above assumption is correct.
    Using Outlook 2016 Pro on a desktop PC running Windows 10/64 bit Pro with a Moto X 2015 Pure with 6.0 Marshmellow. Laptop is a 8 GB Microsoft Surface Pro 4 running windows 10 Pro 64 bit

bmac, this has been working for a long time. Changes to Outlook are pushed to the cloud and then pushed to the phone within seconds. Just a few days ago, pushes to the phone stopped working.

I just noticed also, that changes made on the phone appear on Outlook 2 to 3 minutes later. The changes used to appear within seconds also. That is telling me that there is something wrong with the cloud.
    DejaOffice Sync Settings for Contacts: Selected, sync with Android, Account = DejaOffice.

bmac is right.

Push sync has a dramatically different method depending on direction.

For a change made on a Pc or Phone, the change is immediately pushed to the cloud. So this is always pretty dependable.

For a change made on another device, where the cloud is updated, the cloud then notifies each device it has on file. So this is dependent on the Cloud having the devices on file, and also the devices being logged into be notified.

For the notification, we use Jabber style messages. This is the same type of text message used by AOL messenger, Twitter, or MSN Messenger. For our message, we use Port 5222. Your device, when it goes into range, logs into our message service. When a change is made it notifies through the service. If you are not logged in at the time a change is made, the next time you log in it will automatically run a sync.

We have seen device messages fail under a variety of circumstances, none very common. But check these out:

1. The phone is not maintaining the message signal. Try rebooting the phone.

2. A firewall (wi-fi hub?) is blocking Port 5222 which is a non standard port.

3. DejaOffice is locked up, and needs to be restarted.

Some quick steps to debug:

A. In DejaOffice, on the main menu, hit the "Exit" button. This actually resets the messenger link. Then make a change in DejaOffice Live or on another device, and see if it comes through. It should. Nearly all problems get resolved with this step.

B. On your phone, turn off your networks, wait 10 seconds, then turn this on. This should also cause DejaOffice to re-establish the messenger link.

Reply here if these don't clear the problem right away.

I guess I misunderstood bmac. I thought he was saying that changes made on the cloud would not get synced to the phone. Anyway, it didn't help me with my problem.

I tried every everything that you suggested and nothing worked. Except when turning WiFi off and on, it synced about 1 time in 10. I even tried in 3 different WiFi networks and my data carrier.

I still think there is something wrong with the Cloud. As I said in my previous post, changes made on the phone appear on the cloud right away, but appear on Outlook 2 to 3 minutes later. The changes used to appear within seconds. Since no one else is having this problem, could it be just my account on the Cloud that is a problem?

Anyway, after too many days hassling with this, I switched to WiFi sync which is reliable.

I anyone looking into this? I would rather use DejaCloud than Wifi.