+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CompanionLink Memory Leak

CompanionLink Memory Leak

When I start CompanionLink it only uses a few MB of memory. But after a day or so, it using over 200 MB of memory. I can watch it on Task Manager and see memory increase by a few K every few minutes. I've tried to uninstall CompanionLink and delete all associated files and reinstalling, but it doesn't help. It occurs with versions 6044, 6046 and 6048.
    PC: Windows 7, 64 bit
    CompanionLink build #: Companionlink 7 for Outlook, Build 8019.7
    Data Manager App: Outlook 2010 64-bit
    Mobile Device: Samsung Galaxy Note 8 (SM-N950F);
    DejaOffice version#: 4_4_7_1069
    Sync Method with CompanionLink: DejaCloud
    DejaOffice Sync Settings for Contacts: Selected, sync with Android, Account = DejaOffice.
    DejaOffice Sync Settings for Calendar: Not selected.
    Native Contacts Account: DejaOffice

Eagle 3-

The build you are currently on should contain a fix for a known memory leak issue. One way to help narrow down the problem is to disable conduits and see if the issue appears to occur, then reverse the conduit selection and check again. If its conduit specific the issue might be data related.

Quote Originally Posted by Sean View Post
    Eagle 3-

The build you are currently on should contain a fix for a known memory leak issue. One way to help narrow down the problem is to disable conduits and see if the issue appears to occur, then reverse the conduit selection and check again. If its conduit specific the issue might be data related.
    It's related to Calendar. I uncheck Calendar sync and no memory leak. So, if it's related to the Calendar data, how do I determine which entry is causing the problem? And how do I fix it?
    DejaOffice Sync Settings for Contacts: Selected, sync with Android, Account = DejaOffice.

Any answer yet?

Sorry about the delay. We've yet to be able to reproduce this on our systems, however does the issue continue for you if you disable the attendee sync? To check, open Settings > Advanced > Calendar Tab > uncheck "Sync Attendees".

Let me know if the issue continues and we can start a support ticket and gather a log of the issue occurring.

Turning off Sync Attendees didn't help. It's been running about 12 hours now, and it's using over 100MB of memory.

CL has been running about 32 hours and memory usage is over 328MB. Anyone else having this problem?

Quote Originally Posted by Eagle 3 View Post
    CL has been running about 32 hours and memory usage is over 328MB. Anyone else having this problem?
    After running some tests, I'm certainly not seeing what you are seeing. I do get small increases right after I do a sync. Nothing at all that looks like a gain of "a few k every few minutes."

Of course, given CL's singular purpose, I would never leave it running for anything close to 32 hours (which is why I had to do a special test). I sync maybe once a day. I launch CL when I need to sync and then close it down. I guess folks leave it on for auto-sync? I never trust auto-anything when it comes to software. I do *everything* manually.
    Sadly, I can no longer use CL or DJO as I have replaced Outlook with Thunderbird and Pimlical Desktop. Pimlical, since moving to Java 8 is no longer compatible with Companion Link. I will lurk about just because I am interested. Please let me know if the Pimlical compatibility problem ever changes and thanks to all here for your support and help over the years. This is the best software for synching Outlook to Android.

Eagle3, I'm sorry for the inconvenience.

We access the Outlook data through the Outlook Objects layer in Windows. This system can have memory leaks, but we try to keep them "plugged".

Probably the next step is you have you do a log and send it in. That will let us more exactly match the versions, and the PST/OST file configuration.

Send the log attention Sean at support@companionlink.com and note your screen name Eagle3 for reference.

http://www.companionlink.com/support...nk_PC_Sync_Log

Quote Originally Posted by Hook View Post
    After running some tests, I'm certainly not seeing what you are seeing. I do get small increases right after I do a sync. Nothing at all that looks like a gain of "a few k every few minutes."

Of course, given CL's singular purpose, I would never leave it running for anything close to 32 hours (which is why I had to do a special test). I sync maybe once a day. I launch CL when I need to sync and then close it down. I guess folks leave it on for auto-sync? I never trust auto-anything when it comes to software. I do *everything* manually.
    Thank you for testing this. It must be just me that's having the problem. I update the calendar and tasks many times a day in both the phone and Outlook, that's why I leave CompanionLink running all all the time.

+ Reply to Thread