Thread: Task Recurrence Customization

Task Recurrence Customization

I would really like to see the ability to customize the recurrence pattern when creating a task on the iPhone (or any iDevice). Ex - I create a task to remind me to clean my coffee brewer on June 25th. I want this task to recur 45 days after I have completed the current task. I take two different pumps for my breathing. Each pump lasts 30 days. I create a reminder to replace the pump every 30 days (a reminder every month does not work since some months have 31 days). Occasionally, I will skip a dose of the medication which means I may go 32 days before I have to replace the pump. A customization option would allow me to set the reminder to repeat 30 days after I have completed the current reminder.

Another example would be when I track bill payments. My water bill is due every 3 months. A monthly on day or monthly on date doesn't work in this case.

Most of my reminders/tasks recur at standard intervals - daily, weekly, monthly - but it would be great to be able to have the option to have the recurrence fire on a custom pattern.

Thank you for your consideration
    Ron Bernier

Hello RBernier,

Thank you for contacting DejaOffice. What you are describing can be achieved by performing the following steps.

For every 30 days:

1. Open DejaOffice and go to DejaTasks
    2. Create a new task and specify your start/due dates
    3. Tap Recurrence and select Daily
    4. Tap the Every field and select the desired number of days (In your case you would select 30 days here)

For every 3 months:

3. Tap Recurrence and select Monthly By Date
    4. Tap the Every field and enter the number 3

This will create a task with a recurrence pattern on the first day of every 3rd month. Does this help?

Quote Originally Posted by Chris L View Post
    Hello RBernier,

Thank you for contacting DejaOffice. What you are describing can be achieved by performing the following steps.

For every 30 days:

3. Tap Recurrence and select Daily
    4. Tap the Every field and select the desired number of days (In your case you would select 30 days here)

For every 3 months:

3. Tap Recurrence and select Monthly By Date
    4. Tap the Every field and enter the number 3

This will create a task with a recurrence pattern on the first day of every 3rd month. Does this help?
    Thank you Chris L. This definitely does help. Appreciate the response.

Ron B