Thread: Tasks Duplicating/Not Regenerating after Completion

Tasks Duplicating/Not Regenerating after Completion

I have an issue which is driving me bonkers. All of my tasks are set up to recur at various times - i.e. Daily, Weekly, every 21 days, etc. I am syncing from my PC (Outlook) to an iPhone5 and an iPad2 via DejaCloud. I am not syncing with the Apple native apps. I am using Companion Link Express.

The issue(s) that I am encountering are as follows:I receive an alarm for a task that is due. I open DejaOffice on my iPhone, open Deja Today and mark the task complete.
    One of three things will happen:

1) DejaOffice performs a sync via DejaCloud and the task clears from today. I open DejaOffice on my iPad, DejaCloud syncs and the task is cleared from my iPad.

2) DejaOffice performs a sync via DejaCloud and the task cleard from today. I open DejaOffice on my iPad and nothing happens . There is no automatic sync and the task is not cleared on the iPad. Performing a manual sync is a 50/50 chance that the task clears on the iPad.

3) DejaOffice performs a sync and the task is cleared from today. I open DejaOffice on the iPad, the task is not cleared, I perform a manual sync but the task still does not clear. Not only does the task not clear, but the task is duplicated, which then causes the duplicate to appear on the iPhone. Deleting the duplicate causes the original task to be deleted. The task then has to be recreated.

Do I have to create two separate profiles (one for the iPhone and one for the iPad) in order to get DejaCloud to sync properly? If two profiles are not necessary, I would appreciate any thoughts as to what might be happening.

Ron B

Hi RBernier - I can't reproduce this issue myself. However, I'm guessing it's an issue with the UI not updating correctly; in other words, I'll bet the task is syncing correctly, but the list view isn't correctly displaying the result.

Try the following next time you see this issue, and report back if it fixes it:

1. Go to DejaOffice Settings -> General Settings -> Utilities.
    2. Select 'Reset View Cache'.
    3. Go back into your task list. Does the list look correct now?

Let me know if that works. If so, we'll see if we can modify the task list on iPad so that it updates the view more reliably.