Thread: Update today

Update today

An update came thru today which has caused my tablet (see below) to start giving an updating calender message as a quick flash when I change between screens. Not happening on my phone.

Both show the build as 746.

Tried a poweroff etc no change. Also find syncing much flakier since the last 2 updates. Often need to switch wifi off/on to force sync. Exit from Deja icon doesn't do it.

Paul
    DejaOffice 3.2.25 (866) on Galaxy Note 3 SM-N9005 with Android 5.0
    DejaOffice 3.2.25 (866) on Galaxy Tab S2 TM-810 (32GB) with Android 7.0
    Companionlink 5.0 Build 5072 with Outlook 2003 Sp3 on Win 7 Pro Sp1
    Now syncing Via DejaCloud

Paul-

Thanks for your feedback. The "updating calendar" popup occurs when loading the data takes more than a certain amount of time. This is often related to the device speed and the amount of data being loaded, but how long would you say the pop up lingers before it goes away? I might suggest closing additional apps or even restarting the device to see if this issue continues.

Regarding the Wifi sync, I recommend rebooting your wireless router. If the issue continues, try the following steps from the guide below:

http://www.companionlink.com/support...ejaOffice_WiFi

Let us know if the issue continues.

Quote Originally Posted by Sean View Post
    Paul-

Thanks for your feedback. The "updating calendar" popup occurs when loading the data takes more than a certain amount of time. This is often related to the device speed and the amount of data being loaded, but how long would you say the pop up lingers before it goes away? I might suggest closing additional apps or even restarting the device to see if this issue continues.

Regarding the Wifi sync, I recommend rebooting your wireless router. If the issue continues, try the following steps from the guide below:

http://www.companionlink.com/support...ejaOffice_WiFi

Let us know if the issue continues.
    Sean thanks for the response,

Just to clarify I am syncing Via DejaCloud, not direct Wifi.

The message flashes twice, first maybe 100ms the second time even shorter. On neither flash does an update actually take place so I guess as you say it can't communicate. Does it every time I change screens, ie week to month etc.

I have cleared the ram & powered off & on to no effect. After the power up I did get a proper update which did sync correctly but it then resumed this strange mode again.

My broadband speed is 70Mb down / 28Mb up & i use a separate 5GHz Wifi access point so speed etc is not an issue. The phone has no problem, except as I said the last 2 versions seem to have damaged the sync link.

Can you remind me what the previous two released version builds were?

Paul

Edit: just noticed it is building the display with the retrieval messages, the display is briefly blank then all entries appear after the messages.

Edit2: it's clear the messages are not syncing but loading the data for the screen view selected. What could be slowing this down? The tablet seems fine for everything else, can't detect any change elsewhere etc.
    Last edited by paul42; 06-18-2015 at 12:17 PM.

Sean, found the issue.

On the tablet I had Logging ticked. Left over from a previous issue some time ago. Cleared that & the messages have gone. I assume something in the code has changed in 746 so it takes a bit longer to draw the screens when ticked.

Just leaves the sync issue which is definitely not as reliable as a couple of version ago after the last fix cured this issue. Did some more testing & changes are always uploaded to DJC ok it's the trigger for the download sync that is flaky. It was virtually ok a couple of releases ago with only an occasional miss. Initiating a manual sync does bring any changes to the device. This happens on phone & tablet.

Paul

By the way I love the month view with the category colour box for each entry.
    Last edited by paul42; 06-18-2015 at 01:11 PM.