+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Cleared Act Appointments Don't Leave Calendar

Cleared Act Appointments Don't Leave Calendar

I have checked in Act to make sure that appointments on my calendar have been marked as held. They no longer appear in Act unless I go back to change the setting to show cleared events. I've tried synching where the option is checked to synch cleared events or unchecked for that option, but the appointments continue to show on my Android phone. I believe that this was an issue in older versions. Is this still an issue? If not, how do I fix this; it's annoying.

Even if I go into my DJO calendar and delete a cleared event, it comes right back when I synch the next time.
    Samsung Galaxy Note II Model SPH-L900
    Android 4.4.2
    DejaOffice version#3.2.12 (746)
    CompanionLink build #6048, ADB Driver Version 122
    Data: ACT! Pro 2011 Version 13.0.401.0, Hot Fix 2
    Sync Method: Wifi

Quote Originally Posted by HowardPacker View Post
    I have checked in Act to make sure that appointments on my calendar have been marked as held. They no longer appear in Act unless I go back to change the setting to show cleared events. I've tried synching where the option is checked to synch cleared events or unchecked for that option, but the appointments continue to show on my Android phone. I believe that this was an issue in older versions. Is this still an issue? If not, how do I fix this; it's annoying.

Even if I go into my DJO calendar and delete a cleared event, it comes right back when I synch the next time.
    Hello Howard,

Please double check to be sure that "Transfer Completed Records" is disabled in the CompanionLink advanced settings on the Calendar tab. Once you have confirmed this, please perform a Reread of Act.

To perform a reread of Act:
    -Open CompanionLink and go to the Options menu in the upper left
    -Select "Reread Act Data on Next Sync"
    -Perform a sync as you normally would

Does this help?

Sorry for not responding sooner. I was traveling all summer.

The issue seems to occur only for recurring events. For example, if I have somebody's birthday as a recurring event on the same date for each year, all previous events will stay despite being cleared. My goal, obviously, is to only remove the previously cleared birthdays and events, not to get rid of the future recurring events.

Also, I see the same thing for all holidays that show on my calendar. By holidays, I mean things that are automatically added to the calendar, such as national holidays like Labor Day.

I hopes that this clarifies the issue, so that I can find out how to have a clean calendar for all previous events that I clear.

Thanks, and sorry for the delay in responding.
    Samsung Galaxy Note II Model SPH-L900
    Android 4.4.2
    DejaOffice version#3.2.12 (746)
    CompanionLink build #6048, ADB Driver Version 122
    Data: ACT! Pro 2011 Version 13.0.401.0, Hot Fix 2
    Sync Method: Wifi

Howard I posted this to the developer. Our goal is that we match Act! in what we show.

+ Reply to Thread