+ Reply to Thread

Thread: CL 7.0 beta ... screenshots? update info?

CL 7.0 beta ... screenshots? update info?

Hallo to CL team!

Some more information (than only make the beta available for download) would be nice ... ;-)

Michael
    CL 6049.44 on Win10 & Outlook 2013 @office

DejaOffice 4.4.7 (1069)
    Samsung Galaxy A3 2017, Android 7.0, German Language
    - Direct USB Sync (mass storage)

I'm using it now and, as is typical for the first beta, it isn't all that different than CL 6. It has changed the initial screen UI to use the flat design everyone seems so enamored with these days, so very in keeping with the design of Office 2013 and Outlook.com. However, most of the drill down UI --menus, settings, etc-- are still the same. I expect there will be changes along the way, but sensibly, they always start the first build of a new version to not make too many changes from the old version, and then evolve changes through the builds. Now there may be a lot of under the hood changes.

I did a sync with Outlook 2013 using my usual Direct USB and it worked fine. It may be a little speedier than CL 6.
    Sadly, I can no longer use CL or DJO as I have replaced Outlook with Thunderbird and Pimlical Desktop. Pimlical, since moving to Java 8 is no longer compatible with Companion Link. I will lurk about just because I am interested. Please let me know if the Pimlical compatibility problem ever changes and thanks to all here for your support and help over the years. This is the best software for synching Outlook to Android.

Hook is right. Not a lot of changes.

Our motivation right now is to hook CL7 with Windows 10 and Office 2016. With two new Microsoft products on the very near horizon, we are anticipating the need for version specific changes.

How about upgrade offers for CL6 customers?

Michael
    CL 6049.44 on Win10 & Outlook 2013 @office

DejaOffice 4.4.7 (1069)
    Samsung Galaxy A3 2017, Android 7.0, German Language
    - Direct USB Sync (mass storage)

CL6 purchased after 1/1/14 is a free upgrade to CL7. So basically every purchase or upgrade in the last 18 months is free for the life of CL7.

This follows our normal practice. Over the last 3 versions (Since version 3), the effective life of a purchase has been 4-5 years. But after that, we get testy... ;-)

+ Reply to Thread