Thread: DJO/CL adding & deleting contacts, appointments, ...

DJO/CL adding & deleting contacts, appointments, ...

Hi --
    I'm a flummoxed ex-user.
    BACKSTORY:
    I'm a long-term Outlook user - very dependent on it to organize my life!
    Some months ago (June '14) I downloaded & installed DejaOffice and CompanionLink (purchased).
    After some initial confusions resolved by the staff, it seemed to be running as needed and expected.
    Having long-used a Blackberry, I'm accustomed to 2-way syncing.

On the first few passes, I was very pleased with the syncing with my Outlook.
    THEN I noticed that some of my appointments were being duplicated, some deleted.
    Some contacts were duplicated, and at least one (of a close friend) was deleted.

Wherewith I uninstalled both DJO and CL and began to clean up the mess (8/'14).

Continuing to like the concepts, I've now recovered to the point that I'm very tentatively exploring another go at DJO/CL, but with some sort of counseling from those of you who are experienced. Both DJO/CL and iOS have had subsequent updates, which may be relevang.

QUESTION: had I configured DJO/CL "incorrectly"? What should I do if I try a reinstall?

thanks/gene --
    Last edited by Gene1; 07-04-2015 at 03:12 PM.
    CL Build: 6018
    DJO: 1.7.5
    Sync: WiFi (all 5 types both ways, no wipe, sync Apple or Outlook records)
    Platform: MS Outlook 2007 SP3
    Device: iPhone 5c, IOS 7.1.2

Gene1, I'm sorry for the past problems.

We brought a new developer onboard about a year ago, and he has largely rewritten the Native Sync portion. The problems seemed to be related to the Apple Calendar getting picked up by iCloud and processed there.

So I think your results will be much better now.

Quote Originally Posted by DJOCTO View Post
    ... We brought a new developer onboard about a year ago, and he has largely rewritten the Native Sync portion. The problems seemed to be related to the Apple Calendar getting picked up by iCloud and processed there...
    Interesting ;-) since I was not knowingly involved with iCloud - but direct USB sync.
    Well, I'll have a go at it in the next few days and report back (after I update my signature block ;-)
    thanks/gene --
    Last edited by Gene1; 07-17-2015 at 05:03 PM.
    CL Build: 6018
    DJO: 1.7.5
    Sync: WiFi (all 5 types both ways, no wipe, sync Apple or Outlook records)
    Platform: MS Outlook 2007 SP3
    Device: iPhone 5c, IOS 7.1.2