Thread: Need to hit Sync twice most of the time

Need to hit Sync twice most of the time

Why do I most of the time need to hit sync twice in CL before the sync takes place?
    While I am sure that the device has an IP (verified), CL tells me that I should check the IP. Confirming this and immediately clicking on Sync again .. et voila.
    This is not something new. It just finally started to bother me.
    Google Pixel, Android 9.0 German, DJO 4.4.9 (1076)
    Office: Win10 x64, Outlook 365 (v2016, up to date) German, CL Express 7050 --- Local WiFi sync --- manual syncing, daily
    Home: Win10 x64, Outlook 365 (v2016, up to date) German, CL Express 7050 --- Local WiFi sync --- manual syncing, occasionally
    Syncing to native Android contacts (DJO account), not syncing to native Android calendar

I sent this to the developer. I think what's happening is that on your phone, the Wi-Fi circuit is turned off by the phone. So the first time you it it, it establishes the connection, but by that time we've already timed out.

The developer is going to put in a second try automatically, maybe on a 3 second timer.

DJOCTO, Thanks.
    Office: Win10 x64, Outlook 365 (v2016, up to date) German, CL Express 7050 --- Local WiFi sync --- manual syncing, daily
    Home: Win10 x64, Outlook 365 (v2016, up to date) German, CL Express 7050 --- Local WiFi sync --- manual syncing, occasionally
    Syncing to native Android contacts (DJO account), not syncing to native Android calendar

Still having issues syncing. Re-Pairing device .. OK .. starting Sync ... Error again. Even after rebooting PC and device.
    Will this ever be fixed and run smoothly?

Actually, Wi-Fi is going through significant updates this month. It should all be rolled out shortly. The inhouse versions are updated.

So download the CL 7.0 Beta and see if it works smoothly. It may be somewhat dependent on the inhouse DJOA.

http://www.companionlink.com/inhouse/

The functionality we are working on is the fluid switching between two devices, and also better handling for the case where the IP address changes on a device.

I'm all up to date and still this happens all the time.
    I just can repeat myself: Will this ever be fixed and run smoothly?

Since the update to CL 7010 nothing is working anymore!
    No sync possible even after restarting CL and DJO.
    Pairing not working, locking CL on PC, needs to be killed!

McLion I'll have a tech email you directly.

Here's a video our team recently made on troubleshooting Wi-Fi issues:

http://www.companionlink.com/support...ejaOffice_WiFi

Next to my "venting thread" about syncing ... this I'll have a tech email you directly never happened !

McLion you are right. I assigned this to a tech who is an "expert" at Wi-Fi and Android. I don't see an outgoing message from our system.

I'm checking why this didn't get handled. It is too late in the day to fully sort this out, along with your other post. I'll have someone reach out tomorrow although it may be late afternoon your time.