+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Multiple notifications for same event

Hybrid View

Multiple notifications for same event

Hello,
    I am using Deja Calendar and Tasks.
    I will usually get a notification at the set reminder time. If I don't dismiss it, it will often times disappear from the top bar for a bit and then re-notify me about 3-5 times in a row until I dismiss it.
    I checked all the settings and do not have the persistent box checked or anything else that would seem to cause this.
    Any help would be appreciated.

Samsung Note 3 running 4.4.2

socal, welcome to the forum.

Are you using DejaCloud Realitime sync? After the sync, it refreshes any uncleared notification. So this may be the reason it pops up again.

I am using the wifi sync every few hours.

Does your team have any further insight into this or plan on addressing it?
    It's very annoying when my phone keeps beeping at me with the same reminders every few minutes.

Same problem - multiple notifications

I have this same problem. If I happen to DISMISS an event the first time it pops up, it usually doesn't come back. But if anything else interferes - a new email pops up afterwards, I accidentally hit clear (on the phone notification) instead of Dismiss within the Calendar notification, then the event notification comes up 4 or 5 times - and I have to actually DISMISS 4 or 5 times. It's very annoying but I've lived with it for a couple of years now. If there is a fix, I'd appreciate hearing about it.

I use WIFI sync only, with CompanionLink FA Version 6, Android phone using DejaOffice 3.1.2 syncing calendar, contacts, and notes.

CJ Rhoads
    Last edited by cjrhoads; 08-05-2015 at 08:18 AM. Reason: wanted to add info

socal, I think you are seeing something different from CJ.

Check your persistence settings. In DejaOffice Settings, Alarm Setting, uncheck "Persistent". This will turn off persistent rings.

CJ - Do you have Wi-Fi on Auto-Sync? I'm wondering whether the alarms are "refreshed" when the Wi-Fi synchronizes automatically. What do you think of that theory?

DJOCTO,
    Per my original post, I already verified that "Persistent" is unchecked. I looked again and it's still unchecked. Any other suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by socal View Post
    Hello,
    I am using Deja Calendar and Tasks.
    I will usually get a notification at the set reminder time. If I don't dismiss it, it will often times disappear from the top bar for a bit and then re-notify me about 3-5 times in a row until I dismiss it.
    I checked all the settings and do not have the persistent box checked or anything else that would seem to cause this.
    I am using Deja Calendar, but not tasks. I have this exact same multiple notifications issue on my phone. If I do not snooze or dismiss a calendar notification when it first comes up, every 30-60 seconds the notification will go away from my notification bar (of course, it chimes when it does this) and then come back (and it chimes again when it does this) and repeat this cycle until I snooze or dismiss the notification. This started for me clear back with the upgrade to 3.1.3 and has persisted through every update since.

I am currently running DejaOffice 3.2.14 (767) on my Motorola Droid Maxx with Android version 4.4.4. I am using a 5-min automatic update to DejaCloud with my Persistent setting turned off.

I am also receiving duplicated notifications. When I looked under alarms I noticed each item was duplicated. This appears to have happened when build 785 auto updated (which I thought was turned off). I also tried build 786, but had same issue. I have returned to build 783, which seems to have resolved the issue.

Galaxy S5
    Palm 6.2 with CompanionLink 7008
    Android 5.0
    Last edited by nmike59; 09-19-2015 at 12:39 AM.

socal, cjrhoads, dialupisbad - We are looking into the action when persistent is off.

nmike59 I think you have a different issue, particularly when the Alarm app showed duplicate entries. We'll also look into this.

+ Reply to Thread