+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Multiple notifications for same event

What is the status of this? I have an event doing this right now and it is driving me insane with the alert constantly cycling on and off.

dialupisbad, I think we found the problem. Download the inhouse release from here on your phone:

http://www.dejaoffice.com/androidapp...DejaOffice.apk

What we are seeing is that un-dismissed alarms are "refreshed" when they sync occurs. We recently modified Wi-Fi sync so it refreshes more often, which may be why you are seeing this. DejaCloud sync also refreshes the alarms whenever data is moved.

So the alarm ringing was an indication that the dataset was just refreshed through a sync, and in that process the program found an alarm that was not dismissed. This has been changed to not refresh the alarm unless the actual record has been modified.

DJOCTO-

Thanks for the update. I just installed it on my phone and will keep an eye on it over the next few days to see if I continue having that issue or if it has gone away.

DJOCTO-

In the build that I downloaded straight from your website, which appears to be 3.2.17 (793), the issue still persists with an unacknowledged alarm popping up, then clearing, then popping up, then clearing, etc. I can confirm that on an alarm that I had just a few minutes ago.

dialupisbad, what sync method are you using?

By popping up and clearing, I'm assuming you are not clearing it. That it is clearing by itself, is this correct?

Can you please go to DejaOffice Settings, Logging and Support Settings, and email log to wayland@companionlink.com. That will go right to me and I can send to the developer. I'll need to know the subject of the appointment that keeps popping up, and also your general phone OS version (type of phone), i.e. Android 4.0, 4.2, 5.0, 5.1.

I am still using cloud sync every five minutes. And yes, you are correct...the notification clears itself and disappears (making the notification sound) and then comes back up again (making the notification sound again) and then in a couple minutes or so it repeats that process and keeps doing so until I either snooze or dismiss the alarm.

Try this with the current inhouse build 3.2.17 (798)

http://www.dejaoffice.com/androidapp...DejaOffice.apk

I just installed 3.2.17 (799) from your website. I'll let you know what I come up with after I watch it for a couple days. Thanks.

+ Reply to Thread