Thread: can I limit the number of times an alarm repeats?

can I limit the number of times an alarm repeats?

I want the alarm to repeat but only a limited number times.

DejaOffice Alarms conform to Android Notification rules.

The allowed parameters are in the DejaOffice Alarm Settings. Persistent, and the persistence interval. This is what the Android API gives us.

Ever since the last updates were downloaded on 11-16-16 (v4.2.1(942) and v4.2.2 (944)), my alarms keep going off every 15 to 40 minutes for every single alarm 24/7, even though I have not snoozed them. This constant automatic snoozing for seemingly random periods only stops for an alarm after the alarm is either snoozed by me for a set period or I dismiss the alarm. FYI, I do not have "persistent" checked in DejaOffice so I have no idea why this is happening now. Is this a new feature or a bug? In any event, can I stop this from occurring and, if so, how?
    Last edited by BBUser12; 12-14-2016 at 02:39 PM. Reason: scrivener's error

Mine has updated itself to v. 4.2.3 (build 947) - don't know if that would help you.

I was just about to call Deja Office support this morning to start a ticket on this issue and I happened to be holding the phone in my hand. Suddenly, the time on my phone abruptly jumped six hours ahead and then, a minute later, back to the correct time. During both the jump forward and the jump back, my Deja Office alarms all sounded. I went to settings and turned off my phone's automatic time update/sync feature with my cell service and that did the trick. Since this morning, after I turned that off, I have had no issues with Deja Office. It again works beautifully. Apparently, this is an issue some android phones have been having (which apparently screws up Deja Office). Just thought I'd add this possible solution in case others are having/might have the same issue.