+ Reply to Thread

Thread: any bugs in DJO and CompanionLink 2 way transfer of contacts from my Outlook 2013?

Hybrid View

any bugs in DJO and CompanionLink 2 way transfer of contacts from my Outlook 2013?

I understand that I have to configure my cell phone's Android contact list (in default settings ) to pull from the DejaOffice contacts). Therefore, can someone confirm that, if I delete, change or add a contact in my cell phone's Android contact list, it will really be my DejaOffice contacts that will be affected?

Also, does DJO and CompanionLink allow 2 way transfer of contacts from my Outlook 2013 (no exchange server) running on my windows 8 PC to my LG android's contacts with no bugs? I ask because I found out that another competitors' (Outlook-Android Sync WIFI) software was creating duplicate contacts in my Outlook 2013.

Thanks.

ihot, welcome to the forum.

> I understand that I have to configure my cell phone's Android contact list (in default settings ) to pull from the DejaOffice contacts).

You would only need to to this if there is a reason to do it. Why would you do it?

People say they want One-button access: To run DejaContacts from the Android Desktop, create a shortcut on the desktop for DejaContacts. Then you have it.

People say they want Caller ID: Go to DejaOffice Settings, DejaContact settings, check the box for Caller ID.

So... Why link native contacts? It's optional. If you do, then yes, Add/Change/Delete all sync to DejaOffice. However, it is an extra process that would not be necessary if you Add/Change/Delete in DejaContacts.

Also, does DJO and CompanionLink allow 2 way transfer of contacts from my Outlook 2013 (no exchange server) running on my windows 8 PC to my LG android's contacts with no bugs? I ask because I found out that another competitors' (Outlook-Android Sync WIFI) software was creating duplicate contacts in my Outlook 2013.

Here's a way to clean out Dupes in Outlook:
    http://www.companionlink.com/support...s_from_your_PC

CompanionLink has been around a lot longer than the company you mention, and we provide technical support, which the company you mention does not. That makes a difference. Sync involves a lot of "moving pieces"; i.e. other vendor's Apps like Microsoft, Apple and Google's Apps. So there it's always a moving target. So we can't promise no bugs. However, we have a lot more experience with handing them.

CompanionLink sync has a 2 week trial and tech support is (503)243-5200 hours 7am-4pm Pacific time.

I’m pretty sure that you have a bug in your software. I sync to DejaCloud, - there is only one contact with the name “213 xxx xxxx”. I’m sure there’s only one contact on your DejaCloud as I log into your website:
    https://crm.dejaoffice.com/index.php
    However, on my LG3 phone, I see 3 contacts with the same name in DejaContacts!! In contrast, on my Samsung note 2 I only see one contact called “213 xxx xxxx”.
    I had to do the following clean up duplicate contacts from my Dejaoffice on my LG3 phone:
    Go to Settings on my LG3’s Dejaoffice Contacts, Select “Wipe DejaOffice Records, type in Wipe. Check to make sure all contacts has been wiped from DJO. Finally, I had to select “Sync” in DJOffice.
    Please fix this bug.

Also, since I sync to cloud, can you confirm that all my contacts in your cloud can be found at:
    https://crm.dejaoffice.com/index.php
    ??
    Thanks.

Thanks for such detail reply. Couple more questions.

> 1) I'm confused. I want to use Android's stock telephone to make calls? It comes with a stock contacts app. Are you saying that I have to abandon android stock contacts app and start using DejaOffice's contacts? Is it integrated to stock telephone app?

You can make calls from DejaContacts. You don't need to use the stock Contacts app.

The stock contacts App is created by Google. Google as a corporation does not use Windows or Outlook. So there are a lot of internal differences. So we made it an option. You can use the stock app if you want, but you don't have to.

> 2) What is it that I need to buy and install to get the 2 way sync to work? Is there a youtube video I can watch? I found one that is from 2011 - not sure if it is accurate/up to date.
    Do I need to buy and install DJO and CompanionLink? Are they the same software company?

DejaOffice is created by CompanionLink. It is the "App" side of the company. DejaOffice is free. There's nothing to buy there. So you just need CompanionLink for Outlook.

http://www.companionlink.com/support...with_DejaCloud

https://youtu.be/k3PNX3pbh9s
    Last edited by DJOCTO; 08-05-2015 at 08:01 AM.

Awesome video and help!! I'm in and able to sync contacts and calendar.
    Thanks.

I just noticed that one of my Contacts called "David Ho (7075555555 dingtone)" in Microsoft Outlook 2013 was not transferred over to my Android using either Direct USB nor Dejacloud sync. The original contact is in Outlook 2013 and does not any phone numbers except notes.

Hi,
    I found a bug that made me want to stop using your DJO and companionlink software.
    Somehow after I run Sync, your software is creating duplicate contacts in my microsoft Outlook 2013.
    For example, I have contact called "myMazda.com Mazda Owners manual". After running your sync, it created another duplicate contact with the name "myMazda.com myMazda. Mazda Owners Manual". Another example - my Contact Andrew Giminez TM created another duplicate called Andrew Giminez Giminez TM TM. Why is that? I used to have 995 contacts; It seems to have create about 40 duplicates. I had to spent a lot of time deleting duplicates. I can't afford that luxury!!

FYI. I'm able to sync both Outlook 2013 Calendar and Contacts using both Direct USB sync and Dejacloud. (Outlook is running on Windows 8 and android is 4.4.2 kitkat)
    CompanionLink FA Version 6, Android phone using DejaOffice 3.1.2 syncing calendar, contacts
    Thanks.
    David

iHot, For various sync destinations we use characters to indicate sub-fields. We may have some logic with the Parenthesis.

The developer is already working on a ticket where non-standard names are duplicating. This will be fixed shortly.

Sadly, DejaOffice online is a failed project. We chose an engine that has a lot of problems with database display. I'm looking for a new engine and we will probably have to start from scratch.

+ Reply to Thread