+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Android Wear?

Android Wear?

I suspect the answer to this question is about how best to use your resources given market share, but was wondering if there were any plans to make Deja Office data such as calendar notifications available to Android Smartwatches?

Would not surprise me to know that the answer is no because it's a low priority on the developmental wish list. I think it's still a ways off before smartwatches are mass market and more than just a geeky experiment, but I am thinking of trying one out in the future.

Then again, maybe you figured out how to do this ages ago and I just don't know about it. Do smartwatch apps let you select apps for notifications?
    Last edited by Hook; 09-26-2015 at 03:49 PM.
    Sadly, I can no longer use CL or DJO as I have replaced Outlook with Thunderbird and Pimlical Desktop. Pimlical, since moving to Java 8 is no longer compatible with Companion Link. I will lurk about just because I am interested. Please let me know if the Pimlical compatibility problem ever changes and thanks to all here for your support and help over the years. This is the best software for synching Outlook to Android.

Hook, actually we've been testing the watches all along. It should work fine. The watches feed off the Android notification system, so when we add notifications it updates the watch.

Thanks! I'm pretty ignorant about the smartphone stuff and have been toying with getting a old model 360 just to play and learn. One thing I'm amazed by is how hard, even at a very busy Android forum, it is to get clear answers to what the watches can and can't do with notifications.

Cheers!
    Sadly, I can no longer use CL or DJO as I have replaced Outlook with Thunderbird and Pimlical Desktop. Pimlical, since moving to Java 8 is no longer compatible with Companion Link. I will lurk about just because I am interested. Please let me know if the Pimlical compatibility problem ever changes and thanks to all here for your support and help over the years. This is the best software for synching Outlook to Android.

Hook, the basic deal is that watches are like Android G1 phones. Low memory and very slow. So any apps that actually do anything need to be very lightweight. That's why you see clock faces a lot, because it does hardly anything (show tick one time a second on a device that runs a billion cycles per second, you are basically making a program that is idle 99.999% of the time).

+ Reply to Thread