+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Event error 1000 - syncing with CL.

Event error 1000 - syncing with CL.

I recently added a third hard disk to my desktop System. I moved my Outlook PST to this drive. I now get this error (event ID: 1000) when syncing (manually or auto):

Faulting application name: OUTLOOK.EXE, version: 12.0.6691.5000, time stamp: 0x52e8c57c
    Faulting module name: unknown, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x00000000
    Exception code: 0xc0000005
    Fault offset: 0x005c77ff
    Faulting process id: 0x398
    Faulting application start time: 0x01d0ff198f833c99
    Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\Office12\OUTLOOK.EXE
    Faulting module path: unknown
    Report Id: d2d2495e-6b0c-11e5-a6fe-d8cb8a6fb66b

A little more info:
    1) Outlook 2K7 Pro Enterprise,
    2) If I have Outlook open, no errors at all (I clear the Event Logs to confirm),
    3) If Outlook is not opened, when CL runs, I get the above error,
    4) Scanpst = OK, there are abosultely no issues at all with Outlook, my account, my email (Imap), the PST file etc.,
    5) If I move the PST back to drive C:, no problems at all.

I've checked with MS Tech Support (and my MS Partner associates), and everyone seems to be of the opinion that it might be a Com issue, but I cannot find anything in Component Service for CL, and I actually don't think this is the issue at all. I've also added Network Service with FC perms as it was suggested that this may be a "misleading error" and might be an account issue.

Checking the perms in the original location vs the new one yield (and I made sure) the same permissions.

Any ideas?

rgutery, the Microsoft response is probably correct.

CompanionLink does not synchronize to the PST. We synchronize to the Outlook .Net objects in memory. So it looks like Outlook .Net is not seeing the new file location.

Check your Outlook Icon on your desktop for Properties. See if you have any Compatibility settings. If you do, then set CompanionLink to have the same settings. If Outlook is run in Windows 7 mode for instance, CompanionLink also needs to run in Windows 7 mode.

One more thing: Move the file and then "Repair Outlook". This will cause Outlook to check all the .Net references and fix them if needed.

Give a call to CompanionLink tech support. They will have you log the crash and send a log. It may point to a specific process, like MAPI. But the gist of wha tyou type says the crash is in the Init for Outlook objects, so it just means the .Net cloud is unhappy on your PC.

CompanionLink Tech Support (503)243-5200 hours 7am-3:30pm Mon-Fri Pacific Time.

Thanks for the tips. I did an Office Repair - rebooted twice just to make sure that everything was ok. Same isue, so I took your Office Repair tip one step further and did a DotNet repair. Reboot twice (my standard rule). Same error.

Interestingly enough, if I leave the CL Dialog Box Open and Sync - no errors in the event log. If it is minimized, I get errors when it auto syncs.

This is "NOT" a show stopper, everything works, I just don't like errors of any kind in the logs. My belief this is not a CL issue, but a Microsoft Thing. Most likely something in the registry that is just bugged. I say this because this file "xxxxx.sharing.xml.obi where xxxxx = MyPstFileName" gets created on the System Drive and it should be where the pst file is.

Let's write this off to a stupid MS thing. If I find a solution - I'll post.

Thanks.

Ok. I'm sorry I'm not of further help. MS - .Net Cloud registry entries are epic.

+ Reply to Thread