+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Outlook's calendar to Dejacloud to Android 4.4.2

Hybrid View

Outlook's calendar to Dejacloud to Android 4.4.2

Hi,

I found that the best way to sync my Outlook 2013's calendar to Android 4.4.2's DejaOffice calendar is to run CompanionLink on my Windows 8 pc, then select Sync-> Advanced> Applications> check Calendar --- Outlook to DejaCloud - must select "Wipe Calendar on Dejacloud before Sync".
    Why can't I just click "Sync" button on the CompanionLink? If I do not select "Wipe Calendar on Dejacloud before Sync", my android Dejaoffice does not get the latest calendar events!

Thanks.
    David

Developers of CompanionLInk:
    Please make the Sync easier to use. I want to be able to just click "Sync" button on the CompanionLink. I do not want to click a lot of buttons like I mentioned above.

Quote Originally Posted by ihot View Post
    Developers of CompanionLInk:
    Please make the Sync easier to use. I want to be able to just click "Sync" button on the CompanionLink. I do not want to click a lot of buttons like I mentioned above.
    Companion Link *does* work that way. You need to contact support and try to find out why you are having the problems you are having.
    Sadly, I can no longer use CL or DJO as I have replaced Outlook with Thunderbird and Pimlical Desktop. Pimlical, since moving to Java 8 is no longer compatible with Companion Link. I will lurk about just because I am interested. Please let me know if the Pimlical compatibility problem ever changes and thanks to all here for your support and help over the years. This is the best software for synching Outlook to Android.

iHot David. Wipe is for a special case, and should be used with caution. The problem with Wipe is that it really clears off all information which can cause unwanted interactions with other system; (Google, iCloud, Verizon Backup). It's also very slow.

With DejaCloud, just set it to "Real Time" sync. Then every change you make on your PC will go instantly to your device.

Hmm, where do I go to set "Real Time" sync? Is that a setting on my Android or Windows 8 running local Outlook (not Exchange) ?

Anyways, here is the answer from Tech support:
    Under options in CompanionLink, uncheck "Optimized update sync", as it appears that your sync is not fully detecting changes to your data.
    Here is what I found:
    I see option for “Wipe all records on Dejacloud before sycn”. I’ll take that option as it seems to work well.
    Thanks.

Setting Real time sync: I apologize. This got renamed and I forgot. It is now called DejaCloud Push Sync

On PC click CompanionLink, Settings, DejaCloud Settings, "Auto Syncrhonization" tab. Click DejaCloud push sync.

Please note, that deleted records synchronize on a different schedule. But added and changed records should sync immediately. A deleted record is one that is not there and so it can't be detected in a query. Because it takes longer, these are only sent a couple times a day.

+ Reply to Thread