+ Reply to Thread

Thread: High Power Consumption?

Hybrid View

High Power Consumption?

I recently bought a Samsung Galaxy 6 Edge, with which I'm very happy. I've installed DejaOffice for Android on it, and have transferred all my relevant data over from my old HTC One 7. However, I was a bit surprised to see a system notification from the "Smart Manager". It said that "...the device has detected apps that have used an unusual amount of power while the screen is turned off." On checking, it turned out to be DejaOffice, and it had consumed 2.58% of the battery power.

Is this anything to be concerned about?

I would wait and see how things settle down. Just checked my Moto E and Dejaoffice doesn't register on the battery app in settings.
    Cecil

Motorola Moto G5 Android 7.0
    DJO 4.3.6 (1005) Companionlink 7 (7046)
    ACT 16
    USB Sync
    Syncs to Android Contacts App only

Tesco Hudl2 (Android 5.1)
    DJO 4.3.6(1002)
    WiFiSync
    Syncs to Android Contacts App only

Visoflex, welcome to the forum.

It probably reflects your sync setting. Are you using Wi-Fi? Wifi sync will use more power because it is searching for a place to sync to.

The best performance and lowest power usage is DejaCloud sync. That's because it uses a push sync system.

Please confirm your sync setting, and we'll look at what may be using power.

Quote Originally Posted by DJOCTO View Post
    Visoflex, welcome to the forum.

It probably reflects your sync setting. Are you using Wi-Fi? Wifi sync will use more power because it is searching for a place to sync to.

The best performance and lowest power usage is DejaCloud sync. That's because it uses a push sync system.

Please confirm your sync setting, and we'll look at what may be using power.
    Yes I do use wifi. I sync with my home computer only, and have a suitable connection there.

Quote Originally Posted by Visoflex View Post
    Yes I do use wifi. I sync with my home computer only, and have a suitable connection there.
    It's not a question of how good the connection is. It still has to check to see when a syncing request is coming. That;s why push sync is more efficient, because sync requests are generated when new data is available. Still, 2.58% isn't really that big of a deal. Or you could use one of the two USB sync methods. Still, I have to say, DejaCloud push sync is pretty wonderful, especially if you have more than one device (phone and tablet).
    Sadly, I can no longer use CL or DJO as I have replaced Outlook with Thunderbird and Pimlical Desktop. Pimlical, since moving to Java 8 is no longer compatible with Companion Link. I will lurk about just because I am interested. Please let me know if the Pimlical compatibility problem ever changes and thanks to all here for your support and help over the years. This is the best software for synching Outlook to Android.

Hook is right. Our Wi-Fi sync system is checking periodically for changes. So it is not signal strength that is the issue. The issue is that we are waking up the Wi-Fi connection and reaching out for changes.

I'll talk to the developer to see if we can moderate down and not check so often.

+ Reply to Thread