+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: DejaCalendar - how do I scroll fowards/backwards in WHOLE weeks?

DejaCalendar - how do I scroll fowards/backwards in WHOLE weeks?

Hello

When in Week View in DejaCalendar, how do I scroll left or right in whole weeks? i.e. I want to move forwards/backwards in chunks of 7 days at a time, so that I can keep the first column on the left staying as always being a Monday.

Thanks

J
    Last edited by ship69; 10-21-2015 at 05:53 AM.

Slide the screen using your finger.

I.e. put your finger on the right side of the screen, and slide it left. There is a fast-slide system where it can move for multiple weeks if you slide fast.

Have you tried the week table view? This allows you slide from week to week. It gives an overview of the week, but is limited in the number of lines in each day according to your device screen resolution. You "drill" down into a day by tapping on the day heading.
    Cecil

Motorola Moto G5 Android 7.0
    DJO 4.3.6 (1005) Companionlink 7 (7046)
    ACT 16
    USB Sync
    Syncs to Android Contacts App only

Tesco Hudl2 (Android 5.1)
    DJO 4.3.6(1002)
    WiFiSync

Quote Originally Posted by DJOCTO View Post
    Slide the screen using your finger.

I.e. put your finger on the right side of the screen, and slide it left. There is a fast-slide system where it can move for multiple weeks if you slide fast.
    I'm talking about the view where you have one column per day, and there are 7 days visible. If you put your finger on the right of the screen and slide it left how far you go into the future depends on how fast you swipe. I don't mind that in principle, but I want the screen to always stop with Monday on the left hand column. Otherwise I get visually confused.

Quote Originally Posted by Cecil View Post
    Have you tried the week table view? This allows you slide from week to week. It gives an overview of the week, but is limited in the number of lines in each day according to your device screen resolution. You "drill" down into a day by tapping on the day heading.
    Yes week Table view is a slight improvement and also slightly useful, but of course without reading you cant's see WHEN during the day each task is. Btw is there any way to change the markeup colour for "Today" (currently a rather drab pale grey...)

Ship69, please set the following settings:

DejaOffice, Settings, DejaCalendar Settings

Set Days Per week to 5 or 7.
    Set First day of the week on Monday.

Then go back to your Calendar week view. Slide back and forth. It should always stop with Monday on the left side.

See if this does what you need.

The option to change Calendar colours is now available in the inhouse beta versions of Dejaoffice. The new colour scheme has "Today" in orange, but you can customise the colours in this beta. I expect that the in-house version should soon be in the Play Store.
    Cecil

ACT 16
    USB Sync

DJO 4.3.6(1002)
    WiFiSync

The color will change again soon. I like the orange because it shows better, but now there is too much color going on. Maybe I'll just keep the orange border and leave the day color.

I like the orange!
    Cecil

ACT 16
    USB Sync

DJO 4.3.6(1002)
    WiFiSync

Quote Originally Posted by DJOCTO View Post
    Ship69, please set the following settings:

DejaOffice, Settings, DejaCalendar Settings

Set Days Per week to 5 or 7.
    Set First day of the week on Monday.

Then go back to your Calendar week view. Slide back and forth. It should always stop with Monday on the left side.

See if this does what you need.
    Thanks. OK this does more or less work BUT there is a bug
    Yes, I have set it to First day of the week ==> Monday and
    Days per week ==> 7

But a number of pixels are visible of from Sunday before and the Monday after. [GRRR]

A short quick flick generally works quite weel HOWEVER I also find it irritating that :
    a) it moves so SLOWLY from week to week when you flick left or right. (i.e. it takes about 1.5 - 2 seconds to settle down)
    b) it's inconsistent - if you flick fast it's very easy to flick too far to the right (and skip 2 or 3 weeks into the future
    c) it's inconsistent - if you flick too slowly it can easily flick less than a whole week (I don't wan this!)
    d) it's inconsistent - sometimes it gets into a bad mood and even when you flick slowing it skips about 3 weeks

Attachment 243

Thanks

J (OP)

P.S. I am using a Samsung Galaxy Note 3 (running Android 5.0, screen resolution: 1080 x 1920 pixels)

+ Reply to Thread