+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: DejaCalendar - how do I scroll fowards/backwards in WHOLE weeks?

The pixels on right and left are intentional. We want to show a hint of what is to come.

The delays are in calculating the recurring events that will display. As you move forward, it must recalculate a new set of events to show. It caches these, so the second time, there's no delay because they already got calculated.

The delay is proportionate to the number of recurring events in your schedule.

> The pixels on right and left are intentional. We want to show a hint of what is to come.

OK I see. Personal preference I guess but personally I definitely find it irritating. I mean it half shows stuff that you can't actually read and feels both messy and wasting of precious pixels to me.

> The delays are in calculating the recurring events that will display. As you move forward,
    > it must recalculate a new set of events to show. It caches these, so the second time,
    > there's no delay because they already got calculated.
    >
    > The delay is proportionate to the number of recurring events in your schedule.

a) This is not good. If humanly possible I would strongly suggest that any such calculations are done in the background whilst nothing else is going on rather than being calculated in "real time"

b) In fact, I don't think I have ANY recurring evens in my calendar. In truth there may be one birthday somewhere but that's it!

What it appears to doing is slowing down in a carefully defined deceleration. The information is there on the screen so it seems unlikely that it is still calculating it. Personally I would prefer it to be either about 5 to 10 times faster, or instant.

Here is a suggestion while I'm here:
    Problem it's very easy to scroll by more than one screenful - i.e. by more than one week in this case. So I'm wondering if you couldn't give some sort of indication as to how many weeks have gone by with my finger flick. I suggest a possibly quick small buzz - one per week?

Trying to help.

I'll see what we can do here...

I don't know how easy it would be to adapt to your UI, but you could use an arrow at either end of the view bar at the bottom. The arrows would allow you to "page" backwards or forwards in any view. To fit the arrows, you might not be able to have all the view options displayed. Maybe the user could select which views to have displayed and eliminate views they rarely use.

Just spit-balling. I've learned to live with the loosy-goosey sliding, but I too would rather some kind of paging option.
    Sadly, I can no longer use CL or DJO as I have replaced Outlook with Thunderbird and Pimlical Desktop. Pimlical, since moving to Java 8 is no longer compatible with Companion Link. I will lurk about just because I am interested. Please let me know if the Pimlical compatibility problem ever changes and thanks to all here for your support and help over the years. This is the best software for synching Outlook to Android.

Quote Originally Posted by DJOCTO View Post
    I'll see what we can do here...
    Many thanks

+ Reply to Thread