+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Unable to sync Deja's Categories to Android 4.4.2's stock Contacts' GROUP

Unable to sync Deja's Categories to Android 4.4.2's stock Contacts' GROUP

Hi,
    I am Unable to sync Deja's Categories to Android 4.4.2's stock Contacts' GROUP.
    Here are the steps I took To sync categories in Android contacts with Deja Contacts:
    open DejaOffice and go to Settings > Sync Settings > Tap to select "Sync Deja contact categories to Android contact Groups. Next open DejaOffice and clRead Android Data

All contacts are sync'ing. Deja is sending all contacts to stock contact Group called "DejaOffice Group", so at least that works.
    Thanks for your help.

Hello ihot,

Thank you for contacting us. I am able to sync the DejaOffice contact categories to the Android groups by using the following steps.

1. Open DejaOffice and long press Read Android Data
    2. Wait until you see the option to Reread all data
    3. Tap Reread all data

Once complete, I then open the native Android Contacts app and tap Groups. All of the DejaOffice categories now appear as a group here.

Please note that there have been strange issues in the past when syncing categories to groups if your Contact Account is set to a Google account where the group would not be created unless it first existed in the Google account.

I found the answer to my own question.
    However, I found another problem.
    When I delete all of my Dejacontacts from Android and the click "Sync" and "Reread all data", about 100 were transfer over from DejaCloud into my DejaContacts. I clicked Sync and Reread - no more are transferred into my DejaContacts. I have about 850 more contacts that need to be downloaded into my Android's Dejacontacts. What am I doing wrong?

BTW, the way I solved my Categories is this:
    I had to delete all my Android Contacts which had blank Groups. Then reloaded my deja contacts into Android.

Chris - thanks for the hint to "long press Read Android Data". That's an awful UI design and Companionlink developers needs to fix this. I should not have to "long press" - it is totally unintuitive!!

Hi ihot,

In DejaOffice on the Android device try going to settings > sync settings > DejaCloud settings. Check the box that says Reread Cloud, then return to the main DejaOffice screen and tap Sync. If this process does not sync all of your data to DejaOffice, then all of your data may not be in the cloud for one reason or another. If this is the case, perform a reread of your database on the PC, then repeat the reread process in DejaOffice.

+ Reply to Thread