+ Reply to Thread

Thread: DejaOffice is erroring out why I click "Sync"

Hybrid View

DejaOffice is erroring out why I click "Sync"

Hi,
    I'm on Android 4.4.2.

1) I see found about 50 duplicate contacts in my Dejaoffice's 950 contacts. These duplicates have the group flagged as "Dejaoffice Group". I uninstalled Dejaoffice and cleared all data. After I Sync with Dejacloud, I still see these duplicates. So I guess the duplicates are residing in the Dejacloud??!!

Next, I ran CompanionLink on my windows 8.1 with option to Wipe all data from DejaCloud before copying over from Outlook 2013's contacts.
    However, when I Clicked "sync" in DejaO, I get error message saying "Invalid username or password". I don't see where I can correct that. Can someone advice? Earlier on, I did go to Setup Wizard and was able to login with my USERID and password. Is there another place I have to go to enter username and/or password?

2) After a few minutes, I was able to click "Sync" button on my Android's DejaOffice. However, the sync took 2 seconds and gave me the message "Sync Complete". I know it can't sync that quickly from Dejacloud to my Android's DejaOffice as I just deleted all my contacts in Android's DejaOffice. I checked Android's DejaOffice's contacts and it was blank - no contacts were downloaded from Dejacloud. In DejaO's Settinngs-> Sync Settings -> DejaCloud settings I had to set "Reread Cloud" every time as it does not remember it. Can DejaO's developers please make this process easier?

3) After I Sync Android's DejaOffice's contacts with DejaCloud, I found those 50 duplicate contacts again. An example would be contact called "Junk". The only difference between the duplicates is that the original is not part of "DejaOffice Group" group. The duplicate is part of "DejaOffice Group" group. I tried not to sync "DejaOffice Group" group but that did not work.
    I think I am doing something wrong - or you have a bug in your software. Another duplicate is contact called "David Cheng 1216"
    Last edited by ihot; 11-13-2015 at 12:21 AM.

Hi ihot,

I will address each item below.

1) It does sound like the duplicates exist on the cloud, which likely means they also exist on your PC database. The following link should help address the duplicates, then a wipe and reload of DejaCloud will need to be performed to clear the duplicates from the cloud.

Remove Duplicates: http://www.companionlink.com/support...s_from_your_PC

On the phone:
    -First, create a backup of your DejaOffice database:Connect your phone to the PC by USB and use Windows Explorer to navigate to your phones storage and copy the Clusb folder to your computer for safe keeping.
    -Open DejaOffice and go to settings > DejaContact settings
    -Tap Wipe DejaOffice Records and follow the prompt
    -Next go to settings > sync settings > DejaCloud settings and check the Reread Cloud box
    -Return to the main DejaOffice screen

On the PC perform a purge and reload: http://www.companionlink.com/support...rge_and_Reload

Once complete, start a sync on the phone to restore your contacts on the device.

To edit your DejaCloud username or password on the phone, go to settings > sync settings > DejaCloud settings

2) I will make sure this request is seen by the appropriate party

3) The process outlined above should correct this issue

I have a lot of experience programming Financial software, windows, Unix etc. I do not have duplicates in Outlook. Problem is in Dejacloud using Groups/Categories.
    I've already tried your procedures. I'll open a ticket to have someone look for duplicates in Dejacloud. I did not have this problem before I started using Categories in Outlook.

Hello ihot,

If no duplicates exist in Outlook, then wiping the DejaOffice contacts from the phone (settings > DejaContact settings > Wipe DejaOffice Records), then performing a purge and reload of the cloud would eliminate any duplication in both the cloud and in DejaOffice.

I have performed your recommendations many times. There's a bug in Dejacloud using categories.

I have proven it - because when I use USB sync, my duplicates disappear from DejaOffice on my cell phone.

+ Reply to Thread