Thread: Steps to sync Android's dejao with Outlook on Windows 8.1

Steps to sync Android's dejao with Outlook on Windows 8.1

Hi,
    I would like to report bugs in your Dejacloud using Groups/Categories. It sends duplicate contacts with the group "Dejaoffice group" to my android.

I would like to stop using Dejacloud. I need steps to sync Android's dejao with Outlook on Windows 8.1 using wifi (or USB)
    Can you send me link to instructions?
    Thanks.

Answering my own question (since no one else helped):

Performing a Sync: Outlook 2013 on Windows 8.1 to Android 4.4.2's DejaOffice using USB cable:
    (Do not use sync with Dejacloud - it has bugs especially when using Groups/Categories.)
    In your CompanionLink Setup under Options select the option to Wipe DejaOffice records. A check will appear next to the option.
    In Settings – select – USB
    On cell’s DejaO:
    -Open DejaOffice and go to settings > DejaContact settings
    -Select Wipe DejaOffice Records and “Reread Outlook Data on next sync”
    -Return to the main DejaOffice screen and select Settings – Sync Settings> USB for Sync Method.

This will clear the information from your device and sync the information present in your Contact Manager. Please be aware this sync may take 3 mins as CompanionLink is reading through all the records.
    Once the sync has completed the check to wipe all data will automatically be removed.
    Configuring to Purge and Reload individual conduits
    In CompanionLink Setup click Advanced Settings.

On the Applications tab, you choose to wipe Contacts and Calendar before Sync:

This will clear the chosen information from your device and sync the information present in your Contact Manager. Please be aware this sync may take longer as CompanionLink is reading through all the records.
    Click sync in DejaOffice on Android.
    Wait up to 2 mins for Android to connect via USB - then click Sync on Companionlink on Windows. If Companionlink is not ready, it will bring up a pop-up asking you to connect android via USB.

When Android is connected, CompanionLink will automatically show a “sync status” bar as shown below:

Wait for Companion Sync Status to complete.
    Dho 11/2015: Android contacts will sync automatically!! No need to click Read Android Data in DejaOffice

Nice you worked it out, but there are many guides here:

http://www.companionlink.com/support/
    Sadly, I can no longer use CL or DJO as I have replaced Outlook with Thunderbird and Pimlical Desktop. Pimlical, since moving to Java 8 is no longer compatible with Companion Link. I will lurk about just because I am interested. Please let me know if the Pimlical compatibility problem ever changes and thanks to all here for your support and help over the years. This is the best software for synching Outlook to Android.