+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Observation about recurring events with modifications to individual occurences

Observation about recurring events with modifications to individual occurences

I have noticed the following for recurring events in the synchronization between DejaCal and the iPhone Calendar. I am not sure that it is actually a DejaCal problem/error - it might also be an error in the iPhone Calendar.

Using DejaCal I create a recurring event. I check that it shows up in the iPhone Calendar correctly.

Then I go to one of the recurrences and modify it (just this one - not the whole recurring series) to occur another day.

In DejaCal all the events show up correctly. However, when I check the event-series in the iPhone calendar the modified event will show up BOTH on the NEW date as modified to, AND ALSO on the original date (according to the original recurrence rule) where it is not supposed to show up any more.

If I modify one event to occur the same date as originally but on another time of this date it appears twice this day.

As I mentioned: It might be a problem with the iPhone calendar which can not handle the exceptions correctly and leave out the original recurrence of the modified event. I don't know.

However, by creating and modifying the event in DejaCal I have left out the possibility of the error having something to do with my PC calendar (Outlook) and the synchronization between Outlook and DejaCal.

I've sent this to the developer. He will look into it and fix in the next release.

Thanks.

Normally I am not using the iPhone Apple Calendar (but using DejaCal - of course). However I have recently acquired an Apple Watch. This shows the upcoming events from the iPhone Calendar. I wondered why the watch was showing an event which I knew had been moved to another day. This made me investigate this matter some more.

Maybe in due time you could consider an Apple Watch integration from DejaCal :-)
    Last edited by erikl; 11-19-2015 at 11:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by erikl View Post
    Maybe in due time you could consider an Apple Watch integration from DejaCal :-)
    We will. We did some early integration with the original Gear and also a Sony watch as I recall. We got about two customers that used it. Since then we've let the automatic notifications do the watches, to see what sticks.

+ Reply to Thread