+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Startup behavior Deja Office

Startup behavior Deja Office

When I restart my smartphone the next sync with my Windows 7 PC over WLAN will fail. The message is "Unable to connect to DejaOffice. Verify your IP address in CompanionLink."

I must launch DO separately to have a sync success. But I've the today-DO-widget on the homescreen - so for me it's started

Which setting do I need to make DO sync-ready with every (re-)start of my device?

Greetings, Halweg
    Samsung Galaxy Note IV, Android 6.01, Outlook 2010 German, Windows 7,WiFi sync

I don't know what you need to do to solve your problem with WiFi sync (I use DejaCloud push which doesn't run into this problem), but I can tell you a widget doesn't start up DejaOffice. It doesn't need to. It just reads the same data base. It would be very inefficient if widgets needed to launch apps.
    Sadly, I can no longer use CL or DJO as I have replaced Outlook with Thunderbird and Pimlical Desktop. Pimlical, since moving to Java 8 is no longer compatible with Companion Link. I will lurk about just because I am interested. Please let me know if the Pimlical compatibility problem ever changes and thanks to all here for your support and help over the years. This is the best software for synching Outlook to Android.

Helweg, hook is correct. A widget just shows pre-loaded info. In a sense it is just a memory image with limited data.

DejaOffice should be started in background automatically on restart of the phone. It sounds like on your phone it is not initializing the Wi-Fi service. I'll double check that this is happening in the release.

It may be that you have to run DJOA once to get the services started.

Thanks for considering this.
    The missing startup may be the reason for another problem: Sometimes DO-Alarms sound only after launching DO.
    Is there a way to control if my startup works properly?
    Greetings, Halweg

Halweg, do you have DejaOffice on the SD Card?

We don't get the boot message when loaded on the SD Card. Be sure DejaOffice is in main phone storage.

No. I don't move system relevant applications to the external storage.

But I don't have root access, so I can't control where com.companionlink.clubsync is really located.
    There's such an directory under \sdcard0\android\data it's the also called "emulated\0" . This directory is empty (at least for me).

Greetings, Halweg

I've seen "emulated" on my phone. I think it can be safely ignored. It's just a linux virtual device.

+ Reply to Thread