+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Back Sync from Android to Outlook 2013 drops Street Address

Back Sync from Android to Outlook 2013 drops Street Address

I got a new laptop and decided on a whim to use Companion Link to populate my Outlook Contacts on the new laptop from my Android DejaOffice contacts. Everything worked except the street address line in Outlook did not copy over. CompanionLink populated the Business Address field in Outlook with the City, State and Zip Code fields from Deja Office. The Business Address Street field in Outlook was left blank.

I get the mapping, going from Outlook to Deja Office, but is there any way to map in the other direction. I'm not being able to see field names for Deja Office contacts to see how the Street Address line in Deja Office Contacts can be mapped

The same mapping table is used in both directions. It makes no sense to have different tables for each directions as this would create duplicate data after the second sync.
    Please double-check you mapping settings in CL.
    Google Pixel, Android 9.0 German, DJO 4.4.9 (1076)
    Office: Win10 x64, Outlook 365 (v2016, up to date) German, CL Express 7050 --- Local WiFi sync --- manual syncing, daily
    Home: Win10 x64, Outlook 365 (v2016, up to date) German, CL Express 7050 --- Local WiFi sync --- manual syncing, occasionally
    Syncing to native Android contacts (DJO account), not syncing to native Android calendar

JadedNerd welcome to the forum.

What sync method did you use? The default settings should have moved the work address. We can fix that.

From Android to PC for Sync Method we support ADB Mode, USB (MSM Mode), Wi-Fi, DejaCloud and CLSH. Each of these is a different process so we need to know which one to look at.

Thanks

I'm using WiFi for the sync. For each of the address types, I mapped Work (Home or Other) Address to Work (Home or Other) Street Address.

I just noticed CompanionLink V.7 was available, so I upgraded. Thank you.

I also ran a sync, but no joy. The street addresses I have in Deja Office did not copy over to Outlook.

Checking Re-read Android on Next Sync didn't do it either.

Thanks for looking into this.

--j

Can you tell us the exact versions of the software you are using - See my signature.
    Google Pixel, Android 9.0 German, DJO 4.4.9 (1076)
    Office: Win10 x64, Outlook 365 (v2016, up to date) German, CL Express 7050 --- Local WiFi sync --- manual syncing, daily
    Home: Win10 x64, Outlook 365 (v2016, up to date) German, CL Express 7050 --- Local WiFi sync --- manual syncing, occasionally
    Syncing to native Android contacts (DJO account), not syncing to native Android calendar

JadedNerd, we tested the configuration ourselves, and it all worked great. So I'm thinking the info may be missing on the Android side. Maybe it is in an unexpected field. Would you mind sending us the data to check?

Go to DejaOffice Settings, Logging and Support settings and select "Send Log". This will email your database. We will check it out. In the email, can you name one contact where you see the transfer worked but the street address is not working.

Thanks.

+ Reply to Thread