+ Reply to Thread

Thread: New colors in Calendar... doesn't make sense.

New colors in Calendar... doesn't make sense.

I'm a little unclear about the color changes in the Calendar.

I updated, rebuilt the display just in case, but I have a recurring event that has no category, yet it is colored brown in the list view (that is, not the category color on the left side, but the whole item is backed by this brown color).

Nothing else is colored except that single event, and only in today's recurrence. No other item is colored, including this item on future days.

What's that about? It's not colored on any other view.

- Tim

EDIT: Ok, it seems this is some kind of "coming up next" indicator. Is this documented anywhere? It doesn't seem specifically mentioned in the release notes, other than bits about changing colors.
    Last edited by tbessie; 12-07-2015 at 11:31 PM.
    Sony XZ2 Compact - Android 8.0 (stock)
    DejaOffice v4.4.8, build 1072 - CompanionLink Professional 8, Build 8018
    Outlook 2010 - CL Sync : Outlook <-(WiFi)-> Android

Quote Originally Posted by tbessie View Post
    I'm a little unclear about the color changes in the Calendar.

I updated, rebuilt the display just in case, but I have a recurring event that has no category, yet it is colored brown in the list view (that is, not the category color on the left side, but the whole item is backed by this brown color).

Nothing else is colored except that single event, and only in today's recurrence. No other item is colored, including this item on future days.

What's that about? It's not colored on any other view.

- Tim

EDIT: Ok, it seems this is some kind of "coming up next" indicator. Is this documented anywhere? It doesn't seem specifically mentioned in the release notes, other than bits about changing colors.
    Odd. Ran a bunch of tests and I don't see this. I have a different version of DJO and an alternate ROM, but I doubt the latter matters.
    Sadly, I can no longer use CL or DJO as I have replaced Outlook with Thunderbird and Pimlical Desktop. Pimlical, since moving to Java 8 is no longer compatible with Companion Link. I will lurk about just because I am interested. Please let me know if the Pimlical compatibility problem ever changes and thanks to all here for your support and help over the years. This is the best software for synching Outlook to Android.

tbessie, that is "Orange" !

It is simply the current time. We responded to a user request that the current date/time was not apparent. So we highlighted using a different color, and in the list view it highlights the next thing on your schedule.

If you go to DejaOffice Calendar, Calendar Settings, Calendar Colors (4th to the bottom) you can select "Old Colors" to have the old view back.

This is the first of a set of changes that will result in January to color changes throughout the App.

Quote Originally Posted by DJOCTO View Post
    tbessie, that is "Orange" !

It is simply the current time. We responded to a user request that the current date/time was not apparent. So we highlighted using a different color, and in the list view it highlights the next thing on your schedule.

If you go to DejaOffice Calendar, Calendar Settings, Calendar Colors (4th to the bottom) you can select "Old Colors" to have the old view back.

This is the first of a set of changes that will result in January to color changes throughout the App.
    Thanks! Yeah, I thought it was something like that. :-)

Definitely good news about the color changes; some of the original ones were too subtle to be readily apparent, so it's good they're all more obvious now, thanks!

- Tim

The colors were not subtle when we made them originally. It's just that as phone screens got higher resolution, the same RGB values somehow became more subtle. So if you pick up a Galaxy S2 phone and compare to a Galaxy S6 the screen colors are different in their brightness.

I think the manufacturers did this as display technology changed, and also to enhance photograph display.

In any case, colors and shading are getting a slight makeover...

Quote Originally Posted by DJOCTO View Post
    The colors were not subtle when we made them originally. It's just that as phone screens got higher resolution, the same RGB values somehow became more subtle. So if you pick up a Galaxy S2 phone and compare to a Galaxy S6 the screen colors are different in their brightness.

I think the manufacturers did this as display technology changed, and also to enhance photograph display.

In any case, colors and shading are getting a slight makeover...
    What does an event having a light grey background in list view mean?

- Tim

+ Reply to Thread