+ Reply to Thread

Thread: New update causes Calendar to crash

Angry New update causes Calendar to crash

today my Deja Office was updated (without consulting me) and now when I go into Calendar and select a specific day (to put in a new activity or look at details) Deja Office crashes on my phone. Has happened every time. Please restore older version or tell me how to do this. I can't use the Calendar function - which was why I downloaded this app and bought the Companionlink software in the first place... and maybe next time make the update an option. Obviously this new version was not tested!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You try the latest Beta release, see my post in this thread.

http://www.dejaoffice.com/forums/sho...oken-in-3-2-19
    Cecil

Motorola Moto G5 Android 7.0
    DJO 4.3.6 (1005) Companionlink 7 (7046)
    ACT 16
    USB Sync
    Syncs to Android Contacts App only

Tesco Hudl2 (Android 5.1)
    DJO 4.3.6(1002)
    WiFiSync
    Syncs to Android Contacts App only

Quote Originally Posted by dkellett View Post
    today my Deja Office was updated (without consulting me) and now when I go into Calendar and select a specific day (to put in a new activity or look at details) Deja Office crashes on my phone. Has happened every time. Please restore older version or tell me how to do this. I can't use the Calendar function - which was why I downloaded this app and bought the Companionlink software in the first place... and maybe next time make the update an option. Obviously this new version was not tested!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    While I understand your frustration, I don't entirely understand your attitude. First of all, you are the one who controls updates. Turn off automatic updates in the play store. You can still get notifications when updates are available or you can just periodically check MyApps in the Play Store.

If you want to return to an older version, you'll find them here:

http://www.dejaoffice.com/androidapp/releasenotes.html

They most certainly do test these releases, but do you realize how many devices, versions of Android, and user configurations there are out there. Yes, they may very well miss something, but they will also make every effort to fix it. You can email support if you like for more direct help.

Finally, it helps in troubleshooting if you provide some information about you device, version of Android, Etc. The easiest way is to put it in a signature on this forum (in settings) as Cecil and I have done so it's always there whenever you post.

Hope this helps.
    Sadly, I can no longer use CL or DJO as I have replaced Outlook with Thunderbird and Pimlical Desktop. Pimlical, since moving to Java 8 is no longer compatible with Companion Link. I will lurk about just because I am interested. Please let me know if the Pimlical compatibility problem ever changes and thanks to all here for your support and help over the years. This is the best software for synching Outlook to Android.

Hook, no worries here. The build that got pushed was not what I intended to be pushed. We had a classic in-office mixup, compounded by people not communicating in our established manner.

I think we are set. We will push a new build this morning and it will have this fixed.

dkellet, we have tested with the current release.

I went to Day View, and long-pressed to get the context menu. Then selected Go To Date, and selected a date in the next month. It worked fine. I did the same for Week View.

I will have a tech give you a call to see if you are doing something different. It may be database specific rather than a general issue.

+ Reply to Thread