+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Calendar entries deleted in Palm Desktop not being deleted in DJO on Android

Hybrid View

Calendar entries deleted in Palm Desktop not being deleted in DJO on Android

I am using the below configuration. After the recent upgrade to DJO was pushed recently, calendar entries that I delete in Palm Desktop do not get deleted in DJO on the phone. The only way I can get it to work is to go into advanced settings, Applications and check the “Wipe Calendar on Android before sync”. The sync then fixes the issues but it takes a long time; almost 10 minutes.

All the Data Types to Sync are set to “Palm Desktop to Android”. My deletion preferences are set to “Palm Desktop is the primary database, records deleted in android will be ignored”.

Configuration Information

Palm desktop
    8108 Calendar entries
    693 Contacts
    6 tasks
    199 Notes

Companion Link 5 for Palm Desktop build 5098
    ADB driver version 133

Synch performed via USB cable

DejaOffice 3.2.21 (820) (12/09/2015)

Laptop is running
    Windows 8
    i7-3632 QM processor @ 2.20 GHz
    8.0 GB of Ram

Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S2

Dcapps there's nothing in the update that should affect ADB Mode Sync.

Which Palm Desktop are you using? 4 or 6?

I'll assume PDT 6. This is based on MDB files. A deleted record is sensed by the omission of data in the record list (i.e. there is no deleted record, but it is the absence of the record; the list goes from 100 to 99 items, that the program picks up to remove the corresponding record on Android.

We'll run a quick test here to see that it works for us. If it does, we'll need a log an will contact you privately.

Hi,

Thanks for your response. Apologies, I should have included the PDT version. I am using PDT 6.2.2.

Some additional information.

I am not 100% sure, but entries that are deleted before they occur are being synced i.e. deleted in DJO on the phone. It seems to be entries that are in the recent past, like earlier this morning for instance that are not being deleted in DJO on the phone. I am still trying to establish a pattern and will let you know.

Thank you very much for looking into this.

This is an Android side problem. The fix is getting in.

The database is being updated, but the display is not. That is all.

Workaround: In DejaOffice, Settings DejaCalendar settings, you can select "Rebuild Display Records" and it will update them.

The fix will be out shortly.

Thanks. I just got back from work and was going to mention that the calendar entries from this morning that I deleted in PDT did not synch and get deleted. I will try the "Rebuild Display Records" the next time this occurs.

By the way, just wanted to say that the combination of Companion Link / DejaOffice is a great product!

Thanks

Just checked it and the "Rebuild Display Records" fixed the issue. There was a long moment of black screen as I hit the back arrow from the Calendar Settings to get back to the Calendar that was a bit disconcerting :-) Could just be my slow Galaxy S2.

Thanks

+ Reply to Thread