Thread: New at this -- calendar events moved a day

New at this -- calendar events moved a day

I downloaded the trial companionlink USB yesterday (Evo 4G). I backed up my Outlook pst file and did a sync to have Outlook overwrite the phone and it appeared that it worked OK. Today I tried a sync both ways -- I entered an event for today on the phone and in Outlook. While the sync seemed to work, when I looked back at Outlook most events were moved forward a day. Of course this makes it completely unusable. Not sure what was wrong or what to try again.....

any suggestions?

Hi tromba - The all-day event issue is fixed in CompanionLink USB build 4014, which you can download from our product updates page: http://www.companionlink.com/downloads/updates.html

Thanks for the update..... the whole thing is a little scary for me. I'm a musician and I often book gigs a year in advance. No way to remember all this stuff. if a date 6 months from now gets moved, there's no way I'll know it until I show up at the wrong time. I caught this one error of moving dates, but what if there are other problems? I can't possibly check all dates by hand each time I sync until I'm sure it's working right.

I'm so used to my old Palm and it always working that I never had to think about it. Yeah, I caught this problem, but are there others I didn't catch? That's what worries me.

As much as I love my Evo and all the improvements over my Palm Treo, the ONE thing I need is 100% bullet proof calendar sync to Outlook. I'm really thinking of going back to it and giving up all the Evo improvements which, while GREAT, aren't as essential as my calendar.

Quote Originally Posted by tromba View Post
    the whole thing is a little scary for me. I'm a musician and I often book gigs a year in advance. No way to remember all this stuff. if a date 6 months from now gets moved, there's no way I'll know it until I show up at the wrong time. I caught this one error of moving dates, but what if there are other problems? I can't possibly check all dates by hand each time I sync until I'm sure it's working right.
    Yes, this is very scary, and a HUGE PITA. I'm in software engineering, and I can't believe a serious bug like this can get past QA. It's a testament to the quality of the engineering team as a whole over there.

I'm so used to my old Palm and it always working that I never had to think about it. Yeah, I caught this problem, but are there others I didn't catch? That's what worries me.
    Right! Palm always worked...flawlessly. It was great. A quality Personal Information Manager.

As much as I love my Evo and all the improvements over my Palm Treo, the ONE thing I need is 100% bullet proof calendar sync to Outlook. I'm really thinking of going back to it and giving up all the Evo improvements which, while GREAT, aren't as essential as my calendar.
    I'm on the Droid X, and yah it's a great phone too but is far behind Palm and BlackBerry as a PIM. I just need this stuff to work....reliably.