Thread: Transferring to iPod Touch 6G, IOS 8

Transferring to iPod Touch 6G, IOS 8

I've just ordered an iPod Touch, gen. 6, which I'm told will be shipped with iOS 8, and I'm hoping to transfer seamlessly all my apps and data from my present iPod Touch, gen. 4, running iOS 6.1.6. Can you recommend a (SAFE!!) procedure for this? My old iPod is still working OK, although the battery is showing signs of age.
    - Do I need to download and install a new version of Deja Office on the new iPod?
    - To transfer my DJO data (which I depend on every day), is the Email method built into DJO 1.8.8 suitable? or is there a better way? (I've been trying to sync with Palm Desktop, but haven't yet been able to make it work well enough to depend on.)
    - And as for the native iOS-based apps and data, is there a recommended procedure? My strongest experience is with Windows, and I don't dig iOS that well, so I'm groping for the best way -- iOS system support seems to me to be woefully lacking in detailed user guides - or maybe I just don't know how to look for them.
    Thanks, - Bob
    Mobile Device: iPod Touch, iOS 9.3
    Deja Office version#1.9.0
    CompanionLink build 7012
    Data Manager App: Palm Desktop
    Sync Method: Local Wi-Fi

hbutton, here is what i know from the seat of my pants:

> - Do I need to download and install a new version of Deja Office on the new iPod?

Yes

> - To transfer my DJO data (which I depend on every day), is the Email method built into DJO 1.8.8 suitable? or is there a better way? (I've been trying to sync with Palm Desktop, but haven't yet been able to make it work well enough to depend on.)

I recommend setting up DejaCloud sync, if only for the short time. That way it will sync to cloud and to your new device.

Unlike Android, data stored on IOS devices are sandboxed according to Apple's design, and not readily movable.

- And as for the native iOS-based apps and data, is there a recommended procedure? My strongest experience is with Windows, and I don't dig iOS that well, so I'm groping for the best way -- iOS system support seems to me to be woefully lacking in detailed user guides - or maybe I just don't know how to look for them.

I have no advise here. But for DejaOffice data, DejaCloud will sync it well, and you can turn on Native sync to go to those
    apps.

I hope this information helps.

Thanks for the help, Djocto. Now I'd like to impose on your patience with a request for more help:
    - Downloading DJO for new device: Should I just go to the App Store and ask for Deja Office, or must I specify what device it's for?
    Thanks, - Bob
    Mobile Device: iPod Touch, iOS 9.3
    Deja Office version#1.9.0
    CompanionLink build 7012
    Data Manager App: Palm Desktop
    Sync Method: Local Wi-Fi

You just go to the app store and Download DejaOffice.